• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

42s w/ re 5.5

DSC01562.JPG

This should about do it...........but with 5.5" of lift?

picture.JPG

you'll need to trim more...........

How about this?

5-42.jpg

Last edited:
Well, divide 42 by 2, you get 21. From the center of your hub, grab a tape measure, and see where 21" touches the body while moving it in a clock-wise fashion. That way you can always figure out what size tire you can fit combined with the amount of cutting you are willing to do.

But lemmy tell ya, there is so way in hell you are fitting 42s comfortably, or even packed in on a 5.5" lift.

I have about 4" of lift (sagging 4.5" lift with heavy bumpers, skids, winch, etc). I have trimmed about as much as you can on a 4dr (past the pinch seams)with out moving either axle forward or aft. I am willing to bet that I could fit 37's with reasonable flex (not great flex). In order to get to 42's you are going to want to extend your wheelbase to make more room for tires. I think you might end up with more than 6" of lift, but I think you might be able to do it with maybe closer to 8" or 10" if you trim excessively and don't expect too much up travel. I assume you understand that the "frame" is going to need some significant strengthening??

Michael

EvanH said:
just wondering, not to hijack the thread, but how much does a 42 inch tire weigh????

AAALLLOOOTTT...........actually i've never had the pleasure of being around a 42" tire, but i've lifted enough 33's, 35's and one set of 38's on steel wheels that i wouldn't even want to imagine trying to move a 42" tire by yourself. lol

xplorer29649 said:
how much cutting do you have to do to fit 42" iroks on a 17x8 wheel with full widths and a re 5.5 long arm

Are you serious?? :banghead:

EvanH said:
just wondering, not to hijack the thread, but how much does a 42 inch tire weigh????

Depends on the tire... 39.5" Bias Iroks are around 85lbs... So I'd say the 42's are around 100 or so.

I think you could fit 42's on full widths and about 8-9" w/ trimming...

Back