• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans Mount

Ian Christiansen

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the factory trans mount with a Daystar poly mount. Does anyone know if I reuse any of the original steel portion of the factory mount when installing the Daystar mount?
2001, 4.0, AW4, NP231

No. The mount bolts to the crossmember and the trans adapter directly.

My Daystar came with four new nuts for the crossmember mounting, and I had to re-use the upper hardware.

I had to use the 3" on my 90.

The way it was explained to me was the determining factor was the exhaust hanger. If the exhaust hanger was part of the transmission adapter plate you need the 3".

DCFC0446.jpg

DCFC0445.jpg

This Daystar mount isn't correct and I can't find a factory replacement trans mount anywhere. Does anyone know why the mount is different on the 2000-2001's? I checked Autozone, Advanced, NAPA, Rockauto.

And Joe, yours is a manual trans so the mount would be different.

Last edited:
This Daystar mount isn't correct and I can't find a factory replacement trans mount anywhere. Does anyone know why the mount is different on the 2000-2001's? I checked Autozone, Advanced, NAPA, Rockauto.

And Joe, yours is a manual trans so the mount would be different.

FYI, while there are bracket differences, generally all the "mounts"--the insulator or isolater--are the same for all transmissions.

2001 Parts catalog--ALL 4.0, no transmission difference:

2059 347AB 1 ER0 INSULATOR, Engine (transmission) Mount

2000 Parts Catalog--ALL 4.0, no transmission difference:

52059 347AA 1 ER0 INSULATOR, Engine (transmission) Mount

1997-1999 Parts Catalog--ALL 4.0, no transmission difference:

200 2334 1 ER0 ISOLATOR, Transmission Mount

Good luck.

so does anyone know what poly trans mount to order?? I have a 2000, and am about to upgrade to a TNT full bellypan, so I figure I should change the mount while im under there.

Thanks.

Back