• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a aluminum radiator

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where to get one at a good price?I have a friend that put one in his xj but he spent $185.I will get than one unless you guys know of a cheaper one thanks

any particular reason you want all aluminum? I got a 3 core copper/brass from DPG Offroad and have a real hard time overheating and I only have a mechanical fan. However I have no AC so that helps.

my whole crew runs the genesis auto open radiator's. while not TOP SHELF, theyre pretty cheap, local(gardena = next day shipping for me), and work well!

pep boys aluminum radiator w/ plastic tanks.

Been in there a year, and not a peep. Has a lifetime warranty, too. If it ever leaks I get a new one.

was $120.00.

good luck! - Brian

Check out radiatorbarn.com. I got a 3 core one for cheap and it came with a lifetime guarantee.

I was talking to someone at the T&Js booth at TDS and he was saying that they sell a beefy 1core but I couldn't find it on their site...

I checked Radistor barn first but they are aluminum plastic.I had a friend get me the same one he just put in his xj.It's all aluminum not sure the brand.As soon as I know I will post.Thanks for the input guys.

We'll my buddy and I put a new all aluminum one in yesterday and it looks bad ass.I can't wait to see how it does on the trails.Thanks for all the input guys

I checked Radistor barn first but they are aluminum plastic.I had a friend get me the same one he just put in his xj.It's all aluminum not sure the brand.As soon as I know I will post.Thanks for the input guys.

My response is a little late, but my radiator from radiatorbarn.com is all aluminum. No plastic. They have different types. I guess it doesn't really matter any more. Glad to see you got a radiator.

I noticed that the top where the cap goes is a little bent.I tried to fix it so that the cap will sit right and it's not.The damn water just trips out of there.I guess I will have to take it back to him and see what they can do.

Well I was about to say that "The only reason to go aluminum is weight. An otherwise identical copper rad will cool better." But after doing some Googling, I'm not so sure anymore. AFAICT while copper IS a slightly better heat conductor, aluminum has mechanical advantage that allow different construction that makes them as good as most, and even better than some copper radiators. Then there's the whole corrosion issue. And aluminum is pickier about coolant. But then again the 4.0 has an aluminum head, right? Course a head is a lot thicker than a radiator tube...

LOL. did you buy from genesis auto? (a friend got one with a dent near where the cap goes), his wasnt that bent, and he bent it out with a pair of pliers. if it's bad, i would return it, and ask for one off the TOP of the pallet.

Back