• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metal Masher

This is what Widow Maker looked like 4 months ago, the Jeep has a wheelbase of 112"
0805130012.jpg

0805130015.jpg

Wayne, since you're the leader for this one, would I be okay with 3" of lift, 31" tires and open/open?

The climb from Mirror Gulch to the overlook might give you a little trouble, but I've seen a stock Montero make it through ok. Widow Maker and Rock Chucker are both optional.

WayneXJ said:
The climb from Mirror Gulch to the overlook might give you a little trouble, but I've seen a stock Montero make it through ok. Widow Maker and Rock Chucker are both optional.
I thought Widow Maker was "part of the trail" and not an optional obstacle. Of coarse it has been a couple of years since I ran it. IIRC there is no way around, and we took a near stock zj with 3" lift over with very little trouble.

I thought Widow Maker was "part of the trail" and not an optional obstacle. Of coarse it has been a couple of years since I ran it. IIRC there is no way around, and we took a near stock zj with 3" lift over with very little trouble.

It does have a bypass, but it's a little out of the way if you don't know where you're going. Once the first person makes it up the rest can be strapped up easily so it makes more sense to just keep everyone together.

Back