• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp 8" 130W lights...install suggestions?

99greenjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
Just got 2 8" 130W lights for my front bumper. They came with the wiring/switch kit. I've been reading about some people having troubles wiring their fog lights and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or a write up you could point me to before I tackle this install.
This is for a 99 Classic with NO factory fogs/switch. I'm not an experienced electician so any help or info on installing aftermarket fogs would be much appreciated.
thanks,
Dave

If they came with instructions, just follow them. I'm assuming the wiring kit came with toggle, relay, wire, connectors, etc? You might want to check all the inline fuses to make sure they're not bad. If you feel like you've followed the instructions and they don't work, use a voltage/amperage meter to test each wire. If you try to troubleshoot it without one, it'll take ten times longer to figure out the problem.

If your toggle is lighted, then you need to find a hot wire under the dash somewhere. I've used the under dash light (+) wire to light the toggle.

Back