• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear indicator plate

Jeepmedic46

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need a new gear indicator unit for my 2000. The current unit has completely fallen apart. No auto part store has them in stock and can’t get them. Any suggestions on where I can get one? Checked a local junkyard and it was in worse shape then mine.

I wish you luck with that, you might find a NOS part somewhere otherwise your stuck with the P-n-P's.

ebay?

We talking about the indicator for the tcase or the transmission?

Know anyone with a 3D printer?

If you are talking about the tranny shifter bezel they are scattered all over Ebay.
Never really looked at any of them so can't comment on condition.
Price sometimes seems excessive though.

I just found one on ebay a 3/4 weeks ago. I was in the same boat as you when I went to remove mine it broke. I thought, "no big deal, I'll just order a new one."

Couldn't find any new that weren't under $300.00. Not even sure if those were still available as I didn't bother looking into them.

I just scoured ebay, and at that time, a handful showed up. Ended up buying one and a transfer case bezel.

Just keep looking, hopefully some will show up again. I'm thinking I should go to the PNP's here and start pulling what I can.

As with anything else on eBay, patience and persistence are the keys. Check in often. You might not find a like new one, but should be able to find a fair to good condition one.

I miss the olden days when I had a choice of 8 - 12 Cherokees at the junkyard, and they added 2-3 fresh ones every week.

It would be easy to make one out of some acrylic acetate.

Back