• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pontiac Grand Prix, did i screw it up good?

MahnkenVille

NAXJA Forum User
out with some friends tonight, my friend has an 06 Pontiac Grand Prix... he asked me if he was clear and I didn't see anything and he backed up into a giant cement block in the middle of a parking lot. The Driver side rear wheel is bent to the right and also cambers severely inwards, it looks pretty bad.

What did we most likely break/bend?

my guess is best case bent rib/lug busted loose
worse case bent axle, hub, bearing, brake parts...

:dunno:

bent links, knuckle, hub would be my guess.

They dont really have an axle in back. Probably bent the spindle but those two links, (one adjusts toe the other is solid) and the trailing arm are also easy to bend and tweak.

The alignment is most likely out and it will wear the tires even if you don't notice a pull or anything. And I would replace the link if was my car.

This.....

Before he dies or kills some one else....what's his tag number I'll call it in as unsafe for ya

It's not the fact the aligmnet is out. It's because he heated up and "unbent" the trailing arm. Not something you want to do with suspension components.

Exactly....would u do this to a lca on an xj? No.....

Back