• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 XJ parts Jeep: free or best offer!

wavingpine11

NAXJA Forum User
OK NAXJA'ers, you've given me lots of good advice over the last year or so that I've been poking around here for information, and now it's time for me to offer something in return! A membership fee, you ask? Well, no, not yet. That will be in due time, but for now, how about my parts Jeep?

Here's the skinny on it. I hit some crazy old lady when she drove her little Honda Civic through a red light about two years ago. I've been snagging parts as I need them for my '92 XJ, which I'm slowly building up to be a useful off-roader. So far, I have taken the passenger and driver side mirrors, the gas tank skid, and the glass from the two passenger side doors. I will be taking the power steering pump, the front and t-case skids, and the rear light pods, as well as the third brake light. I'm sure there will be many other exciting things that you can use from it, though. There is a rebuilt engine in it which had probably less than 50K on it, coupled to the AW4 and an NP231. The engine ran fine until it sat for a while. I would love to keep it, but I just got my 60 day notice to move out, as the house I was renting is up for sale, so the time to let it go is now.

Conditions of ownership transfer: You must come get it. You will want to bring a set of wheels because you can't have mine. Or something that will pick it up or somehow get it out of my driveway.

I will not put any effort into parting this out, so don't ask. I need to spend my remaining time at my current address doing other things that are more important. Money will not change my mind. Once the skids and other such crap are off, it's ready to take. I hope to get everything I want off the Jeep this weekend. It's likely that it will be available for the taking as of Monday.

PM me if you are truly interested!

--Wavingpine11

The entire vehicle (except the wheels, the passenger side door window glass, the factory skids, the mirrors, the power steering pump, and the rear lights) is available as a package. The front bumper is off since I stripped the messed up front pieces off. The rear bumper is also off, but you can have it. In fact, you can have two of them if you'd like, since the one from my 92 is sitting around here too.

I don't want any money for it:

Selling price = $0 Nada! NAXJA Special!

I could sell it for scrap, but why bother when someone else here may benefit from it?

So far I've gotten two PM's. I'll try to get you guys pics if you send me an e-mail address. My girlfriend got a digital camera yesterday, so when she comes home from work, I'll try to get her to hook me up.

OK guys, here's the current status of the 94 parts XJ giveaway. Five people have expressed interest. I am going to prioritize the "winner" by two criteria. 1) In what order I received PM's. 2) Whether you can pick up on the weekend of April 18th, any day of the weekend, from Friday to Sunday. I have 60 days to move, but if I can move by the end of this month, I will, so it's best to have my non-driveable vehicle gone by then.

So the current order is:
1)1999mj
2)wrecked_xj
3)94_xj
4)94_cherokee
5)racing-rob

If 1999mj can pick it up that weekend, he's got himself a great parts Jeep. If not, then wrecked_xj is up (for that weekend) and so on. If no one can get it that weekend, then we go back to 1999mj, and so on. If I move and no one gets it, it's getting junked, and everyone loses out. I'm hoping one of you can take it, though. If I didn't have to move, I'd be keeping it, but I think that if I look for another house, and tell them I need space for a wrecked, unregistered, uninsured parts vehicle as well as my car, my other two Jeeps, my girlfriend's car, and then her Jeep, well, you see how it is. . .

I have pictures of the Jeep now and in the next two days will be sending them to anyone who PM'ed me with an e-mail address. Maybe tonight, but definitely tomorrow night (more free time) if not.

This is fun! I wish I had four to give away! Originally I thought about offering it up for sale here, but then I thought, "Screw it, I've saved way more money doing it myself with a little help from NAXJA than this thing is even worth to me." So I'm feeling good, and I think the new owner will feel the same. Includes salvage title. Can't remember why I had to get one, but I did.

--wavingpine

Last edited:
wavingpine11 said:
I will not put any effort into parting this out, so don't ask. I need to spend my remaining time at my current address doing other things that are more important. Money will not change my mind. Once the skids and other such crap are off, it's ready to take. I hope to get everything I want off the Jeep this weekend. It's likely that it will be available for the taking as of Monday.

PM me if you are truly interested!

--Wavingpine11

My 94 XJ parts Jeep is now known to me in memory only. 1999mj picked it up this morning, and left me a Ford 8.8 to help me further my upgrades with my 92 project. I love happy endings!

Back