• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The run that hated XJ's

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
hanging tree trail 1 me 0 but in a way i'm glad i broke and turned around because it sounds like it was a long day on the trail for the others that kept going.

i left and went and watched some bikini parade in nephi :D

now i got a score to settle with this trail, and it will be settled before the fall fling!!

i didn't take many pics, since i wasn't there to long.
100_9976.jpg

heading up the trail
100_9978.jpg

the creek was flowing pretty good.
100_9982.jpg

wet tires+rocks=many diffs getting hit.
100_9990.jpg

the waterfall climb that i almost made, but ended my day.
100_9992.jpg

the bypass wasn't much easier
100_9996.jpg

kevin helping the water move faster
100_9998.jpg

running a trail with a junk battery means jumper cables get used a lot
101_0005.jpg

then cory decided to spit some water
101_0007.jpg

can't really tell but cory was extremely close to rolling over here.
101_0009.jpg

this was taken seconds before cory about ran me over, luckily he stopped inches from running me over. i would have been fine except i didn't know there was a 54" hole in my excape path.
101_0013.jpg

more..........

It was a good thing you had jumper cables Derek. I can't say I'm too sorry I missed this one but it is beautiful up there and looks kind of fun. Ten miles of wheeling can be a LOT!

It was a good thing you had jumper cables Derek. I can't say I'm too sorry I missed this one but it is beautiful up there and looks kind of fun. Ten miles of wheeling can be a LOT!
actually i didn't have your cables with me :D i need to get with you and give those and your hot dog stick back.
wow, ten miles of that? AWESOME! that would make an interesting day

ya ten miles of obstacle after obstacle after obstacle, hopefully cory will chime in. i only made it a couple miles in before i broke and turned around and headed back down.

but i think it took them 12 hours to finish and i think there were only 12 rigs maybe less

here's a better shot of cory's close call
036.jpg

wasn't taken by me.

Last edited:
you gotta be a member to view the report over there kevin. i dunno how many are actually gonna want to sign up just to see pics and video :)

Here are a few of the vids that Kevin's wife filmed... these are in the utah4x4 report too but in case you didnt check it out.. Kevin put on a good show!

Last edited:
first off - you guys are badasses :thumbup:

second - you dont realize how slick that place is till the 3rd video. holy kerap!

first off - you guys are badasses :thumbup:

second - you dont realize how slick that place is till the 3rd video. holy kerap!

next time you come to utah mike, we'll have to take you to some harder places than moab. less scenic but much much harder trails :D

its amazing how slick shale gets with some water on it, slicker than slickrock :gee:

Back