• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBDII DTC p0700 p0743

My 98 XJ gave me these codes about a month ago, the Jeep seems to be driving fine and currently the CEL (Check Engine Light) went out.

--Keith

My jeep was showing the same codes about two months ago with no torque converter lock up. Check your fluid. I knew mine was bad and had just put off changing it. I pulled the drain plug, refilled the tranny and drove to work and home (about 40 miles round trip). I did this three times, and then dropped the pan and changed the filter. Reset the codes and have had no problems since.

My 97 threw the same codes last week. I cleared them with my OBDII and they came back twice. Disconnected and reconnected battery and drained and replaced trans fluid and it has not come back for a few days. Will drain and replace fluid every week or so for a few weeks. The removed fluid was fairly clean but smelled a little burnt. Trans shifted ok before and after. Ill post if it comes back

Back