• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my first time on gold mountain and john bull

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
Well my birtday run in big bear turned out well. I broke a bolt off on the carrier bearing cap screw late friday night due to a broken torque wrench on my ez locker reinstall and was up all night trying to get it out.

Ended up leaving 4pm sunday and met some buddies and traveled into bb to the campsite.

Heartbreak ridge claimed 3 shocks! The bar pin stripped on the drivers front and I think its time to scrap my shock hoop cause it caused both of the shocks to blow out due to bad angles I think.

Gold mountain was pretty fun I thought even though I never slipped a tire even taking the most challenging lines thanks to swamper sxs and lockers.

John bull was pretty crazy compared to what I was told by everyone. Though I only had a little trouble getting around that corner with the tree stump due to the stupid line I took I was a little suprised by the trail. My buddys open f&r 5" on 31s had a lot of fun getting up stuff, there was some rock stacking for him he made it through smooth.

Damage/breakage was minimal and I expected/prepared for more. Besides my shocks I also sprung a leak in the rubber fuel filter hose and broke a leaf spring center pin due to some losened u bolts. Both were easy fixes that didn't slow me down much and I actually broke everything on smooth road/little bumps lol!

I also put a nice new dent in my rocker panels too, another excuse to go boatsides I guess. So ya I had a blast.

I wanna run holcomb, that trail with the pontiac, and dishpan/deek creek soon. And I know ill want more so a odessa/doran run might be in the works too and it will be a cool break from the 29 palms heat cause I think its cooler out in calico : ).

Now I just gotta get out there with you guys sometime soon!

Hey Ben, if ya got any pics post them up or email me. Sounds like you had a good time. We ended up winning the race at Fontana, but would have liked to run the trails in Big Bear. Maybe next time. Russ

thats a nice trail. The line with the tree stump has a good diff catcher if you don't pay attention. :)

YIPPEE my 500th post!

Back