• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door lock question :)

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
My drivers side door cylinder just turns and doesnt engage to lock and unlock the door. Since I am going doorless atm I decided to take panel off door and see what is up. From what I can see there is a type of hook that attatches to the cylinder as you move the key it goes up and down. It is not hooked up. Is this something that is fixable? IF so what is best way to blindly put this hook back on (as i have tried doing it by feel with no lock thus far)? Or is it that it was one piece that broke and cant be fixed?

If there are any links to this same type question please let me know I didnt see anything.

It can be hard to get it in, but you should be able to put the hook back in it's place. It's just in an awkward place .. There should be a plastic fitting that the hook goes into and that fitting should spin so you can latch the hook. Take a look at the other components in the door and you'll see what I'm talking about.

ok thx guys :)

I will look for that plastic clip then

You can find the plastic or metal clips in the "help" section at pep boys. That's the stuff in red packaging. I got a selection of different size metal clips for about $7.

I might have some of those clips at work, If i can find some ill grab a few.

Back