• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery relocation

Most drag racers will relocate the batter to the rear driver side of the vehicle. This is to put weight over the driverside rear tire to counter act the torque of the motor. I dont think it really matters for offroad so long as its mounted low to keep from being top heavy.

As for wire, make it as large as you can. Bigger the better (with in reason)

Look at Summit Racing or Jegs for battery relocation kits, they might have all the parts and pieces you are looking for.

AARON

1) gel cell is a must, they do not require venting to the outside.
2) at least 2 guage but I would go with 0 guage.
3) there is a big rubber gromet behind the heater core that works good to feed the wire through but it is a little hard to get to.
4) you gain tons of space under the hood.

I put my second Optima behind the passenger seat. For the wiring, I used 2/0 welding cable, which I got for around $0.60/foot at a welding supply store. There are 'pre-fabbed' relocation kits available as mentioned in the previous posts, but I figured I could do just as well for a fraction of the cost.
To run the cables through the firewall, I used a 1.5" bi-metal hole saw.

You can also order about anything battery-related from here:

http://www.wranglernw.com/

Hope this helps.

Back