• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Best" off the shelf rear 4 link/coil conversion

The_Punisher

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks! As I test and tune my Jeep I am thinking about swapping out my rear deavers for links to get more travel. Considering doing some serious upgrades over the coming winter to get more travel front and rear with bigger shocks (possibly coil overs in the rear)

I have found:
Ironrock - Don't want this one
Ironman4x4fab
Clayton
TNT Customs

Who do you guys think makes the best off the shelf rear 4-link setup?

Curious why you don't want the Iron Rock kit. I know a guy that has it and he seems very happy with it. I was actually looking at going that route too as it doesn't require a matching long arm kit up front and I am already running a Rusty's Competition long arm kit.

If I wasn't already running the front long arm kit that I am I would go TNT's setup, although the Ironman4x4Fab kit looks cool too. My issues with it is you're cutting into the rear frame for the springs, its truss is minimal, and I'm not sure based on the website info if it'll work with the stock t-case crossmember. I also think you get way more for your money with either the TNT or the IronRock kits.

This is just web based opinion as I haven' ran any of the kits personally. However I do know somebody that is running the Iron Rock kit and happy with it, I just haven't been on a trip with them to see it in action for myself.

How much travel are you looking for?

Why not better leafs? :)

I don't like the looks of how the iron rock offroad fwd crossmember for the link mounts bolts to the frame.

So I had looked at options to mount longer leafs, such as long chevy 63" leafs. It wouldn't be all that hard. Then I came to the realization instead of all that custom work I could link it instead.

Back