• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB RD101 Spider/side gears question

nlayne

NAXJA Forum User
I have an ARB RD101 air locker with a chipped spider gear.
Is the ARB kit (728J011) the ONLY source for the gears?
Has anyone been successful replacing them with any other gears?
Is there a good place to source the 728J011 diff gear kit? Found it a few places online, but most everywhere says it's been discontinued, but that number was given to me in an email from ARB tech support earlier this week.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Off-hand I would say ARB is the only source, but you never would know until it's apart and you could search for alternatives!

Have you tried to call ARB and see if you can get just the gear you need?

they are well known for having some of the best customer service in the industry.

Thanks for the responses guys. Maybe I should try getting ahold of customer service. I don't have any documentation from when it was purchased.

Basically a couple of people high up at ARB want to make sure you never have a scenario of someone sitting on the trail with their hood up, and explaining to the people passing by that their ARB failed and everyone shakes their head.

All parts fail. ARB goes out of the way to provide service to a level that you get the very response you see in this thread "oooh thats not so bad, ARB will take care of you.".

I'm sure not everyone everywhere is satisfied 100% of the time, but they do a good enough job to be renowned for it.

Back