• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best OBD2 Bluetooth? App?

dumbagain

NAXJA Forum User
just discovered these obd2 apps and the fact you can go wireless or wired connections from XJ to phone.

anyone recommend one bluetooth obd2 plugin over another?

what apps you like best (free or paid)?

all i really looked at was torque pro. i'd like to read codes, clear, see some real time data, etc

Torque app will do the things you have asked. Pro is worth the few $

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am still trying to find one that actually works on my 2001 Saturn, and my Samsung Android. I was never able to get the blue tooth link on the last 2 OBD-II's I tried to actually work. WE have a tool forum here that might have some clues.

Torque keeps diaconnecting on me. I feel like it updatea readinga once every3-5seconds and sometimes freezes. Is that a Torque problem or a problem with the reader?

I went with an ELM327 dongle and a Dash Commander app for my iPhone. All the app has ever been good for is reading and clearing CEL codes. I bought it mostly to get a constant digital readout on engine temp, but I was never able to get the temp function to work. Likewise, it does not give me real time RPMs. So, basically, I'm pretty disappointed with it.

Mine was with the OBD-II reader, and only on one car I think? Maybe both.

But it was not the cars, as my buddies cell phone and OBD-II-BTooth worked on both cars. And my Old cable style OBD-II scanner worked on both cars.

Could there be a memory capacity issue or other stuff running on the phone causing the issue?

Torque keeps diaconnecting on me. I feel like it updatea readinga once every3-5seconds and sometimes freezes. Is that a Torque problem or a problem with the reader?

Back