• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled my jeep

JeepAddict85

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I rolled my jeep. I was on my way home from a friends, and saw a big hill off to the side of the ride...figured why not, ill just drive up it, come down, and keep headin home. Big mistake. Yes i was alone, yes it was stupid. Went up the hill no problem, 4Low and 1st gear. Started coming down, get halfway to the bottom, and i just see the ground disappear. Turns out the one point i decided to come down, happened to have a large ditch/cutout at the bottom of it. I locked up all 4 wheels, slid down and dropped off the edge.

It was about a 14 foot drop to the ground from there. My jeep kind of nose dived, and rolled halfway on the the roof (did an end over). Im ok, i hit my head a bit, knocked my elbow and my knee pretty bad. Luckily my friend lived close by, and i called him. We used his jeep and winched mine over, took a good hour an a half. Replaced oil lost from dipstick, let it sit for a bit...and started it up. Ran kind of rough for a bit, smoked, but eventually got running ok. I was able to get home, going no faster than 20...

here's the pics:
DSCN6617.jpg

DSCN6618.jpg

DSCN6619.jpg

DSCN6620.jpg

DSCN6621.jpg

DSCN6622.jpg

the unibody is tweaked pretty bad. whole drivers side is pushed in, doors dont work. 1 control arm mount on the axle folded. lots of body damage. Kinda still in shock about it...

WOW!!!
glad you're ok, and not physically hurt.
hate to see that happen to such a clean XJ...
i wouldn't know what to do if it were me... call insurance? (i have collision) sell for parts? make it a trail rig only? try to repair it?...

Wow. Sorry to hear man, but glad you're not seriously injured.

Looks like it might be repairable enough for a trail rig.

WOW man that sucks. glad your okay.

Glad your OK....good luck on gettin' her back trail/road ready

Glad you are okay. Sorry to hear about your XJ.

If you need a place to keep it while you sort things out, PM me. I've got plenty of room to store it. Take your time deciding what you want to do next.

every time i see a rolled jeep i think 2 things : OMG i hope everyone in it is ok! and im impressed at what our wagons can take and still limp home.

good to hear you ok bro, and i cat wait to see the new build thread.

Glad to here you're ok. Hope you get back out there soon. I flipped and rolled my 00 stang and walked away without a scratch so I know how you are feeling right now. Someone was watching out for you last night ;)

yea, im talking to my insurance agent...tryin to figure out what to do. Ive got full coverage on everything, even rental coverage...so im getting a rental today so i can make it to work next week. Will be towed to a body shop tuesday to see what they say about it (no charge appraisal).

OH man that blows. Good thing you made it out ok! Good luck with your insurance co. They can be real bastards sometimes!

Glad your O.K. dude. Sorry about the ride, (Seats any good;)) I bet you can fix it up in no time, (axels;)) with a little help from buds.
(What else do I need?:laugh3:)
Watch out for the vultures! (Wonder if the tires will fit?) :conceited

that sucks man. Years ago my friend and I were out abusing his parents XJ and he took a turn waaaay too fast. Got her up on 2 wheels, thought we were going to roll it for sure.

if it is too badly wrecked part it out on the forums, best way to get some $ back out of it.

Dont know you man but am glad your ok but next time it be a good idea to know the area your wheeling.

Back