• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock alt. replacement brand: Summit or Bosch?

I had a questionable alternator. Based on what I came up with, I went with a new Remy unit from Rock Auto, 80 something bucks. It's only been a little over a week but it's working fine, it's a nice heavy piece. I used that brand in my '85 S10 3+ years ago with no complaints. You have to take the battery box out, a real ball buster. I had to drill out the 3 bolts and studs.

No experience with either brand, but they both will be better than a Chinese rebuilt with a "Lifetime Warranty". I prefer to find a good original equipment NipponDenso and have the local alternator shop rebuild it with German and/or Japanese parts.

No experience with either brand, but they both will be better than a Chinese rebuilt with a "Lifetime Warranty". I prefer to find a good original equipment NipponDenso and have the local alternator shop rebuild it with German and/or Japanese parts.

I had bad luck w/ an Omix Ada and replaced it (with recommendations here) with a TYC 213341 which I love. Quiet and effective.

Every Omix Ada and Crown Automotive part I have bought for the XJ or the CJ, either fit poorly, failed quickly, or did both at once.

Back