NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
  #67471  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:46
seanR's Avatar
seanR seanR is offline
Want to puff on my pipe?
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 2958'28.9"N 9915'15.5"W
Posts: 11,818
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAR_JEEP_04 View Post
His name is Sean R. and he is a drunken Irishmen. Gotta be pretty good in your book automatically haha
is he an @$$hole?
__________________
My pen is huge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
[RTETTY DTR I JSVR NRVER BERNN THING DRRND.
Reply With Quote
  #67472  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:47
Jeepguy91's Avatar
Jeepguy91 Jeepguy91 is offline
NAXJA Forum Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 4,034
Re: Important

Well wish me luck. Getting ready to hit the town for a night out before wedding.
__________________
National VP/ MWC Recorder
Ben-2000 XJ with add ons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
never a time where a good boob does not fix things
Reply With Quote
  #67473  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:50
BRIANHO13's Avatar
BRIANHO13 BRIANHO13 is offline
<- Yum Chocolate
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 9,659
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexdXJ View Post
I have a 3.73+ open carrier that has bearings on it I don't need....if you want to get them somehow. I could has up the bimmer and meet you half way tomorrow.

I got new ones and spent 45 minutes opening them up. "New carrier and locker" are installed. Will put the rest of it together tomorrow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67474  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:51
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanR View Post
is he an @$$hole?

I thought the "drunken Irishmen" part cleared that up??? Hahahah
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #67475  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:52
seanR's Avatar
seanR seanR is offline
Want to puff on my pipe?
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 2958'28.9"N 9915'15.5"W
Posts: 11,818
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAR_JEEP_04 View Post
I thought the drunken Irishmen cleared that part up??? Hahahah
__________________
My pen is huge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
[RTETTY DTR I JSVR NRVER BERNN THING DRRND.
Reply With Quote
  #67476  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:54
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important


Oh the irony
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #67477  
Old June 27th, 2014, 19:57
Jeepguy91's Avatar
Jeepguy91 Jeepguy91 is offline
NAXJA Forum Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 4,034
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAR_JEEP_04 View Post

Oh the irony
Mall crawlin at its finest
__________________
National VP/ MWC Recorder
Ben-2000 XJ with add ons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
never a time where a good boob does not fix things
Reply With Quote
  #67478  
Old June 27th, 2014, 20:01
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

Gettin groceries. Even has a booster seat in the back seat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #67479  
Old June 27th, 2014, 20:30
kmanxj5050 kmanxj5050 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reed City Michigan
Posts: 6,804
Re: Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanR View Post
is he an @$$hole?
Durbin said he likes it in his a hole !!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #67480  
Old June 27th, 2014, 20:37
Smash Hole Smash Hole is offline
GFY
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Smash HQ
Posts: 2,331
Important

I've never had good luck with carrier setup bearings. Backlash always changes for me.

Pinion setups though are the hot setup
Reply With Quote
  #67481  
Old June 27th, 2014, 21:36
FlexdXJ's Avatar
FlexdXJ FlexdXJ is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbus, In
Posts: 21,461
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
I got new ones and spent 45 minutes opening them up. "New carrier and locker" are installed. Will put the rest of it together tomorrow.
Sweet! Glad you got it squared away.
__________________
97 XJ, OME, JCR, HDOR "HObrid" cage blah blah blah... DD/trail rig, '66 M416 expo/truckbed trailer, 02 Subaru WRX wagon
[QUOTE=*89Laredo*;246072645]
The human skull makes quite a loud noise when it hits a metal chair.
[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #67482  
Old June 27th, 2014, 21:42
*89Laredo* *89Laredo* is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheffield, IA
Posts: 1,958
Re: Important

Well, think getting the jeep fixed is going on the back burner again unless this guy has already bought materials. Might pay for the "new" truck tomorrow.
After scrapping black one, selling parts, etc I should be pretty close to a free truck.
Should I keep the d70, sell it, or just send it to scrap with the rest of the stuff?

Pulled carpet, thinking about pulling dash and heater box. I don't think the seat is saveable, smells like it soaked up lots of mouse pee.


I wonder if I can cut the front main leaves out of black truck and make a bastard pack for the red one.
Reply With Quote
  #67483  
Old June 28th, 2014, 04:52
kmanxj5050 kmanxj5050 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reed City Michigan
Posts: 6,804
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by *89Laredo* View Post
Well, think getting the jeep fixed is going on the back burner again unless this guy has already bought materials. Might pay for the "new" truck tomorrow.
After scrapping black one, selling parts, etc I should be pretty close to a free truck.
Should I keep the d70, sell it, or just send it to scrap with the rest of the stuff?

Pulled carpet, thinking about pulling dash and heater box. I don't think the seat is saveable, smells like it soaked up lots of mouse pee.


I wonder if I can cut the front main leaves out of black truck and make a bastard pack for the red one.
Need to upgrade to a D60 in the front.
Reply With Quote
  #67484  
Old June 28th, 2014, 04:56
BRIANHO13's Avatar
BRIANHO13 BRIANHO13 is offline
<- Yum Chocolate
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 9,659
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Hole View Post
I've never had good luck with carrier setup bearings. Backlash always changes for me.

Pinion setups though are the hot setup

I only use the bearings, I use the races I will be using in the final set up all the way through keeping them on same sides at all times. Backlash changes a hair but always stays in spec when going to final bearings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67485  
Old June 28th, 2014, 06:30
bwfdrums's Avatar
bwfdrums bwfdrums is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 812
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanR View Post
This Sean guy needs a new name.
I was here first.
I like sheep, goats are so low class.

"Sean Patrick Ryan's my name I also think goats are lame"
__________________
__________________
Empire Offroad
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT chelms27 Midwest Chapter 1 October 3rd, 2006 02:43
Most Important Rocketman Modified Tech Discussion 15 March 25th, 2005 20:23
how important is it? littlexj1 OEM Tech Discussion 2 March 22nd, 2005 09:38


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 13:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014