NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
  #53986  
Old August 13th, 2013, 20:39
kmanxj5050 kmanxj5050 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reed City Michigan
Posts: 6,804
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by chettacheez View Post
Stfu newb!
Annnnddd I hang out with you in real life!
Reply With Quote
  #53987  
Old August 13th, 2013, 20:42
terrehautian's Avatar
terrehautian terrehautian is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 3,159
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
i asked a question there once about my post count and had about 50 shitastic responses and one pm with the truth.

i dont believe i have posted since.
I rarely post over there, usually it is in chit chat about some topic they are talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #53988  
Old August 13th, 2013, 20:56
vt98xj vt98xj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 1,090
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeep View Post
I'm more guilty than anyone else. I simply can't tolerate people asking questions on a forum that a simple web search would provide the answer to. I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of truck drivers, police officers and aircraft mechanics how to fix the flux capacitor on your delorean if Doc Brown posted an article about it you can find on a google search.
I used to get annoyed about people ask the same question over and over but remember the the XJ ended production in what 01? If people don't ask the same question from time to time what are we going to discuss? Rarely are there new and unique questions, why not just archive the technical forum and just have a series of "important" threads at that point.

If some posts a question and a response of "there is a search button" doesn't help anyone searching about the same subject in the future. I have ran across this multiple times when looking for info. It is not just on but on a bunch of other forums also.
__________________
Andy
98 XJ wheeler, 18 Audi S3, 08 duramax tow rig, 91 GMC syclone
Reply With Quote
  #53989  
Old August 13th, 2013, 21:08
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89eliminator View Post
no, you are a dbag
I have no legit argument haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
What the hell. The last two pages are like one big gay hug.
No shit! Bunch of softies. .!.. ..!.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #53990  
Old August 13th, 2013, 23:18
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,784
Re: Important

I have been on pirate since I've been around . I rarely posted over there and even still don't most there much. Since 1999, I have around 500 posts there. Most of those are in the past few years since I have been involved with racing, prior to starting to race I had less than 50 posts in almost 10 years.

All that to say, I like my peps a lot better.

We don't need to become pirate.

mac 'and I think TH made a funny' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #53991  
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:07
Smash Hole Smash Hole is offline
GFY
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Smash HQ
Posts: 2,331
Important

Pirate has gone soft
Reply With Quote
  #53992  
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:08
kmanxj5050 kmanxj5050 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reed City Michigan
Posts: 6,804
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt98xj View Post
I used to get annoyed about people ask the same question over and over but remember the the XJ ended production in what 01? If people don't ask the same question from time to time what are we going to discuss? Rarely are there new and unique questions, why not just archive the technical forum and just have a series of "important" threads at that point.

If some posts a question and a response of "there is a search button" doesn't help anyone searching about the same subject in the future. I have ran across this multiple times when looking for info. It is not just on but on a bunch of other forums also.

Because the tech section on has 1.5 pages of stuff from 5+ years ago duh!!!!

That was one BIG reason I became red was for the tech section and was very dissapointed when I got to it. I definitely think it should be made a priority to make the tech section of the ELITE XJ forum better than what it is. I can almost gurantee that the way 95% of the people here found this place was because they were looking for info on their first XJ.

I would think paying someone a few bucks like Kastein to make a nice tech sticky section would be a VERY good idea for the appeal of the website and obtaining new membership.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the tech section and it does seem to have more in it than before. My apologies. There are definitely some things I think could be added to the section though.

Last edited by kmanxj5050; August 14th, 2013 at 05:18.
Reply With Quote
  #53993  
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:40
RedHeep's Avatar
RedHeep RedHeep is offline
NAXJA #1499
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New London, OH
Posts: 8,701
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanxj5050 View Post
Because the tech section on has 1.5 pages of stuff from 5+ years ago duh!!!!

That was one BIG reason I became red was for the tech section and was very dissapointed when I got to it. I definitely think it should be made a priority to make the tech section of the ELITE XJ forum better than what it is. I can almost gurantee that the way 95% of the people here found this place was because they were looking for info on their first XJ.

I would think paying someone a few bucks like Kastein to make a nice tech sticky section would be a VERY good idea for the appeal of the website and obtaining new membership.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the tech section and it does seem to have more in it than before. My apologies. There are definitely some things I think could be added to the section though.
If you paid to be a member for an area that's available for free to users, we thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #53994  
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:03
SAMSET's Avatar
SAMSET SAMSET is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bradley IL.
Posts: 3,814
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt98xj View Post
I used to get annoyed about people ask the same question over and over but remember the the XJ ended production in what 01? If people don't ask the same question from time to time what are we going to discuss? Rarely are there new and unique questions, why not just archive the technical forum and just have a series of "important" threads at that point.

If some posts a question and a response of "there is a search button" doesn't help anyone searching about the same subject in the future. I have ran across this multiple times when looking for info. It is not just on but on a bunch of other forums also.

I have ran in to this problem many times. i go to search, weather it be here or Google, and the 1st 10 links are people telling the OP to use search. i don't get it, why not just answer the question if you know it, if you don't keep scrolling or if you just don't feel like giving out the info you searched for then don't. telling someone to search? maybe they tried that... in most threads looking for advice i seem to notice a 2 or 3 good answers to 20 either shit remarks or "go search"







SAM'good morning jeepers!'SET
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie03 View Post
Because boobs are great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
maybe, but the fun starts when Rewster and Samset show up!

Be the change you want the world to be
Reply With Quote
  #53995  
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:06
WB9YZU WB9YZU is offline
NAXJA Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,920
Re: Important

You mean like the FAQ section?

There used to be a FAQ Team,
Then there was just Johnny.
Then just myself.

The groundwork is laid. What's there is catalogued and searchable.

It's an open spot that should be filled by somone, or a group of folks.
Reply With Quote
  #53996  
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:40
kastein's Avatar
kastein kastein is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Posts: 14,179
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Wheeler View Post
Wow. The honesty and truth behind this statement is huge.

Maybe we are/have become the elitist jeep club that we so often need to defend? I think we all need to read this quote and do some soul searching and try to represent naxja like it should be.

We should be able to ask dumb questions, jeep related or not and get honest answers. How many times do we run to ken stein with questions that we don't know. Same situation as how to cut a gutter. Just because we know the answers, doesn't mean everyone does.

Fore 'xj/mj proud is STILL a train wreck" Wheeler
I usually end up with a few texts/calls a week at this point. It's kinda funny because half of them I don't know the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanxj5050 View Post
Because the tech section on has 1.5 pages of stuff from 5+ years ago duh!!!!

That was one BIG reason I became red was for the tech section and was very dissapointed when I got to it. I definitely think it should be made a priority to make the tech section of the ELITE XJ forum better than what it is. I can almost gurantee that the way 95% of the people here found this place was because they were looking for info on their first XJ.

I would think paying someone a few bucks like Kastein to make a nice tech sticky section would be a VERY good idea for the appeal of the website and obtaining new membership.

EDIT: I just went and looked at the tech section and it does seem to have more in it than before. My apologies. There are definitely some things I think could be added to the section though.
I don't do this for money. If I did, I'd be broke

I've been considering throwing together a quick "every year split I can think of on every part of the XJ" thread that people can add to and update but every time I consider it, I end up busy as hell or realize I don't know half of what I should before starting.


My opinion on the whole mess is that things are about how they were attitude wise when I joined. Back then there was a whole different set of tech section nerds, some helpful, some dbags. Joe Peters, winterbeater, ehall, and a couple I can't quite remember usernames for on the really helpful side, guys like RCP Phx on the dbag side...

I don't go in the tech sections as much as I used to simply because I don't have that kind of free time anymore. Back then I was working as a test/validation engineer and sometimes simulations would take 4, 5, 6, even 8 hours to run before I had any kind of results to work with. These days I quite literally am designing all the electronics, embedded systems, and wiring harnesses for a flying car company, so I basically am on my feet and/or doing actual work damn near all day.

- Ken "will work on jeeps for free" Stein
__________________
My yard looks like Sanford & Sons.
Please do not PM me about the AW4 info thread unless you have a truly unique question that is not covered by it or info to add. I do not respond to questions answered by the thread.
Definitely do not hunt down my phone number at 3AM, text me about it, and then threaten violence when I am not helpful. It will not get you what you want.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Reply With Quote
  #53997  
Old August 14th, 2013, 07:25
DrMoab's Avatar
DrMoab DrMoab is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Utah Backwater
Posts: 23,256
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
I have ran in to this problem many times. i go to search, weather it be here or Google, and the 1st 10 links are people telling the OP to use search. i don't get it, why not just answer the question if you know it, if you don't keep scrolling or if you just don't feel like giving out the info you searched for then don't. telling someone to search? maybe they tried that... in most threads looking for advice i seem to notice a 2 or 3 good answers to 20 either shit remarks or "go search"
One of my biggest complaints too. It doesn't take any longer to type the answer out. Or better yet, spend 5 seconds....since you seem to be a search master yourself and post a link to another thread with the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #53998  
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:08
terrehautian's Avatar
terrehautian terrehautian is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 3,159
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
I have been on pirate since I've been around . I rarely posted over there and even still don't most there much. Since 1999, I have around 500 posts there. Most of those are in the past few years since I have been involved with racing, prior to starting to race I had less than 50 posts in almost 10 years.

All that to say, I like my peps a lot better.

We don't need to become pirate.

mac 'and I think TH made a funny' gyvr
At least someone got it. I was being funny, trying to put some humor in this thread after it got serious.
Reply With Quote
  #53999  
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:21
kmanxj5050 kmanxj5050 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Reed City Michigan
Posts: 6,804
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeep View Post
If you paid to be a member for an area that's available for free to users, we thank you.
Then it needs removed from being one of the "perks"


Q.
Why should I join ? What are the benefits?A. This is a relatively common question from perspective members of and while many people say that the forums and the information provided is reason enough for joining, we do our best to provide many other benefits of membership. is a club first and fore-most and an online discussion site second. We strive to host 4-5 national events every year which all members are welcome to attend. These events are at the largest and best known OHV areas in the US and are typically multi-day events which include a BBQ and raffle. With the effort to establish more local chapters of we are providing the members a way to meet with local XJers and participate in their own events outside of the national events.
When joining you are granted access to the members only forum, the membership news forum, the technical articles area, the forum archives area and you are granted several discounts with vendors. Many of our supporting vendors offer temporary or permanent discounts to our club Members. You will also recieve your membership card and club sticker.





Reply With Quote
  #54000  
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:27
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

I made a new recipe for my apple pie. It's a bit stronger and gave me bad gas. I'm taking a half gallon canoeing with some other members this Saturday. If anyone will be in the Mohican area they are welcome to join us!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT chelms27 Midwest Chapter 1 October 3rd, 2006 02:43
Most Important Rocketman Modified Tech Discussion 15 March 25th, 2005 20:23
how important is it? littlexj1 OEM Tech Discussion 2 March 22nd, 2005 09:38


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014