• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I adopted a new cat...

the swampers claimed a neighborhood cat the other day.

I swerved to miss it, I swear. ;)

Miss my cat. She was run over about a month ago. She was 11 years old. BTW, I live right outside of Syracuse NY where that happened. I hope the two kids fucking rot in hell. Maybe get hit by a train and pulled for about 1/2 mile and survive.

camarors8992 said:
Miss my cat. She was run over about a month ago. She was 11 years old. BTW, I live right outside of Syracuse NY where that happened. I hope the two kids fucking rot in hell. Maybe get hit by a train and pulled for about 1/2 mile and survive.
x2! cruelty to animals is awful, unless its my dads girlfriends nasty damn dog

Blaine B. said:
Why were you watching that gay ass video with the Baywatch dude anyway?

Why ya gotta hate the Hoff anyway?

Beej...how cool would it be to adopt the Hoff? You could go for walks with it and everything.

Other than the cat my son sneaked in as a newborn that we had to bottle feed and rub its belly to get it shit I only have one rule, any cat can live here as long as it can outrun a .22LR...or a .45, whichever is handier when said cat shows up....:eyes:

RichP said:
Other than the cat my son sneaked in as a newborn that we had to bottle feed and rub its belly to get it shit I only have one rule, any cat can live here as long as it can outrun a .22LR...or a .45, whichever is handier when said cat shows up....:eyes:

Grew up with cats, dogs, and horses. Have two cats right now, and while they're a pair of obnoxious little buggers they're still my cats. Ultimately, species loyalty to humans will win in the end with me, but if I ever catch someone wilfully abusing an animal or killing one for non-game or valid pest-control reasons, that SOB had better be able to outrun a .45.

casm said:
Grew up with cats, dogs, and horses. Have two cats right now, and while they're a pair of obnoxious little buggers they're still my cats. Ultimately, species loyalty to humans will win in the end with me, but if I ever catch someone wilfully abusing an animal or killing one for non-game or valid pest-control reasons, that SOB had better be able to outrun a .45.

Around here it's called predator pest control, we've got over 500 ferels here in the development within a half mile circle that have virtually wiped out the rabbits, squirrels and put a good dent in the bird population. Our cat is an inside cat, any cat outside on my property is unwelcome. If the vacationers would stop buying their kids pets then leaving them loose rather than taking them home to the city it would not be so bad.
Had the same problem in NJ when I lived there, only with dogs, got out of hand when they started killing livestock on the farms, town paid $5 a set of ears back then, solved the problem in 4 months...

RichP said:
Around here it's called predator pest control, we've got over 500 ferels here in the development within a half mile circle that have virtually wiped out the rabbits, squirrels and put a good dent in the bird population. Our cat is an inside cat, any cat outside on my property is unwelcome. If the vacationers would stop buying their kids pets then leaving them loose rather than taking them home to the city it would not be so bad.

Nope, totally understood on that, and I've unfortunately been in the same position before. Basically, when 'trap and transfer to shelter' fails, I know this is the only way to go at times. Not thrilled about it, but it's a damn sight better than aiming for critters that could otherwise be avoided.

Back