NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 27th, 2019, 15:53
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Re: Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

It's in Bakersfield.

Convince us you're serious and we can talk, but its pretty effing hammered.
Old March 27th, 2019, 15:59
NAXJA Forum User

Text me your number so I can give you a call. I was just getting ready to build my own stock class xj for next Koh and VORRA. I work on 4400 cars currently with UFO Fab.
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:02
NAXJA Forum User

I have axles suspension and a full 2-3 drivetrains lying around for build and extra parts. But I figured I'd look around for a tag Koh chassis first. My buddy Casey sent me over here.
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:18
NAXJA Member

Haha. Unfortunatly throwing my name around wont give you any additional help, I'm a nobody. I havnt had the chance to meet Cal and have only gone to Richards shop a few times for jeep help. Met Richard again last year at SierraFEST but that's about it.
92 MJ AW4 2wd, 97 mirrors. Future 4wd swap, 242, MJ 44, Eliminator Roll bar, Bucket seats, 97+ console
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:20
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose_XJ88 View Post
Haha. Unfortunatly throwing my name around wont give you any additional help, I'm a nobody. I havnt had the chance to meet Cal and have only gone to Richards shop a few times for jeep help. Met Richard again last year at SierraFEST but that's about it.
I was wondering but I wasn't going to throw anyone under the bus.
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:24
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
I was wondering but I wasn't going to throw anyone under the bus.
Haha yeh, I remembered seeing the thread "end" with the shell at Richards shop and Spencer was talking about building a car but wanting to start with a teched cage.

I haven't met you Cal but you've wheeled with one of our good friends at SierraFEST a few years back and let him drive this thing I think. Jeepinseal aka John Sheahan.
92 MJ AW4 2wd, 97 mirrors. Future 4wd swap, 242, MJ 44, Eliminator Roll bar, Bucket seats, 97+ console
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:27
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Yeah I know John, he's a good guy. He and Pat helped me move once, and we ended up heading down to Hollister for a day.

We got some pretty wicked air at that place.
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:27
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Yeah I know John, he's a good guy. He and Pat helped me move once, and we ended up heading down to Hollister for a day.

We got some pretty wicked air at that place.
Old March 27th, 2019, 16:29
NAXJA Member

Yep, he was best man at my wedding and I'm going to be best man at his this summer.
Old April 5th, 2019, 11:29
NAXJA Forum User

the bronco leaf springs were pretty interesting the a pretty elegant solution to avoid smacking the shackle on the crossmember/bumper/every rock ever.

How's the ride/performance on the unicorn with the G9s compare to racecar with the G80s, (realizing they are built to do different things)?

My RE leaves are getting pretty flat now that they are almost 15 years old. Planning to go with Deavers, but wouldn't mind squeezing a longer leaf in. Just not convinced I wanna go through the effort to rework the mount for a jeep that spends most of its time parked and only a few weekends a year in the dirt. I'll likely go G9s and 5100s and call it a day after I finish plating the rear rails.
Old April 5th, 2019, 22:28
NAXJA Warranty Voider

You know, the unicorn has only ever been on pavement to date, and the G80's were only driven on the dirt, so i can't really compare.

You really can't go wrong with G9's, though. We were just trying to squeeze that extra little bit out.
Old April 5th, 2019, 22:28
NAXJA Warranty Voider

You know, the unicorn has only ever been on pavement to date, and the G80's were only driven on the dirt, so i can't really compare.

You really can't go wrong with G9's, though. We were just trying to squeeze that extra little bit out.
Old April 8th, 2019, 04:46
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post

I figured that's what you would say, and I think for the extra work to fit the longer spring, for my style of wheeling likely wont pay dividends. Especially with all the options available now for slightly extending wheelbase with anti-wrap perches with some adjustment built in, the ironrock offroad front spring mounts (pretty similar to what you guys came up with for your front springs and similar to the synergy/poly brackets), combine with some shackle relocators and you can get a lot of flexibility with moving the rear axle back a few inches to dial it in.

thanks for the input, will be interesting to hear your perspective when you do get the unicorn into the dirt. Probably not gonna do as much go fast stuff I would guess.