• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MEGASQUIRT XJ 2000 STROKER 4.5

gsune1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys i have a jeep cherokee 2000 stroker with megasquirt V3 ms2 running. i would like to share experienses , table maps...
thanks
open

Curious about your engine build. Stock bore with a 258 crank/rods and custom pistons?

Curious about your engine build. Stock bore with a 258 crank/rods and custom pistons?

Custom pistons are not required if you run the 258 short rods.

Hi guys i have a jeep cherokee 2000 stroker with megasquirt V3 ms2 running. i would like to share experienses , table maps...
thanks
open

I'm not sure how good any U.S. data would do you. Your proximity to the equator, the ocean, and altitude doesn't compare to any conditions we have here.

Custom pistons are not required if you run the 258 short rods.

Yes it is correct, but there are 1 mm or 0.04" space between piston and the head. so to increase the piston height ( also increase compession ) you can use chevy 250 pistons. it is not straightforward becase the pin diametter isn´t the same , and we must cut 0.01" from the top of the piston. the gain in power is very noticiable

I'm not sure how good any U.S. data would do you. Your proximity to the equator, the ocean, and altitude doesn't compare to any conditions we have here.
I think in car tuning only the atmosphere pression and temp make a difference. in my country we can have fron 0 to 5000 mts height mountains. also i can find temperatures fron 0 to 45º centigrade ALL THE YEAR depends the place.
does the ocean and proximity to equator make any difference?...

Your MS is still operating on speed density and will be able to adjust fuel for the decrease or increase in atmospheric pressure. Write symtech labs an email to confirm. Are you using DIY autotune?

I would imagine that your fuel formulas are different also.

Back