• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!!!Offroad Teardrop camper!!!

MikeD

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody out there on the east coast interested in a two person microcamper. I have a camper that I built and I have now grown out of it considering that my wife is pregnant and we have one on the way... Anyway, It was originally a military Jeep flatbed trailer that I bought from a surplus supplier. I built it up from there to what it is now. It is very simular to the teardrop trailers that you see on the internet. This does not have a flip up gally in the back...but then again not all of the manufactured teardrops do either. The outside skin is made of FRP -or- fiberglass reinforced plastic. The inside has short carpet in the bed area and a sunken vinyl section in front of the bed to put your muddy shoes when camping. The interior walls are painted and shelving is installed. There are two fairly large tinted slider windows on both sides of the trailer and a screw style tinted lexan roof vent that opens and closes as needed. It is fully insulated. The entry door has an inner and outer steel frame with a dead bolt to keep it secure. There are two drop down stabalizers in the back and a tounge jack in the front to keep it stabalized on inc lines..."we do strictly mountain camping in blue ridge" Best of all it has just as much ground clearance as my Jeep which has a 3" Skyjacker lift. It also has a pintle hitch for maximum trailer/vehicle twist allowance. I have the class III pintle receiver insert that comes with the trailer considering I have nothing else hardcore enough to require a pintle hitch. I used to be a steel fabricator for a living and all fabrications on it was done by me. I live in Richmond, VA. The trailer is garage kept between camping trips. I have many pictures of this thing such as construction//action shots//and setup at the campsite...too much to post on NAXJA. If you are not familiar with what a teardrop camper is, you can either run a search on teardrop campers and/or you can go to teardroptrailersexpress.com to see what these things are. Bear in mind though that this is an offroad version though and will have more ground clearance than others out there. My email address is [email protected] or at home for the next week until we move... [email protected] My cell phone number is 804-513-1552 and work is 804-772-3156. I am asking $1500.00 or best offer for this camper. I have almost that in materials invested in the trailer itself minus the labor it took to build it. When looking at these other trailers on the internet notice the prices that are being asked for these things. If interested please call or email me and I can send the pics.

Mike

Back