• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for someone to install a 3 inch lift. in Lower Michigan

newjeepowner

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to put a 3 inch lift with springs and shocks all away around. Maybe a Sky lift. Anyway. I got a price from a local 4X4 store. Seemed kind of expensive for the labor. I thought about doing it myself but am afraid to run into problems and not have the proper tools. I live in southeast Michigan. Who else works 4X4 jeeps in my area????? I have a stock 99 Xj right now that I plan on doing the suspension upgrade on.

I'm in Flint. Floor lift and tools.

I lifted a YJ last year 3.5" plan on lifting my XJ 3" so I'll be doing one sooner or later.

Just PM me when you get close to doing it. Will work for food:chef:

Jeff

Make sure the kit includes shocks or you have the correct length shocks on the day you lift it.

I used Black Diamond on my YJ and was happy with it. I'm sure there are many others on here that could point you in the right direction for a kit.

You will need a longer rear brake line that mounts from the frame to the axle tube, the front lines can be bent stright and relocated. When you buy a suspention system make sure it comes with everything you will need. I have a RE 3.5 superflex, and it came with everything I needed except a t-case lowering kit.

Start no spraying everything with something that will break down rust.I did that two weeks before installing my 3" kit.What I had found was alot of people break off the bolts that hold the shocks.By spraying them down,I didn't have any problems.I had used SeaFoam in a spray can.I installed the Rough Country 3" kit with AAL's.Check how high the xj sits now.Check the center of the rim to the bottom of the finder flair.The front should be 17",the back 17.5".If that is what you have,your back springs are good and you can get away with a AAL.

fishfighter said:
Check the center of the rim to the bottom of the finder flair.The front should be 17",the back 17.5".If that is what you have,your back springs are good and you can get away with a AAL.

That's what I thought too, but my leafs started to sag really bad within a month or two with practically no off roading! I'd say go rough country with the full packs, I have the 3" and full leafs, I ended up getting about 4.5" with the kit. And for the price, you can't beat it, not to mention the awesome customer service. Didn't need to mess with the brake lines either, still get awesome flex too!

scoobyxj said:
PM monkeyevel (owner of JCR Offroad) I bet he, or one of his minions could help you out. They're in Kalamazoo.

Actually, Daryl is co-owner. Brian is the other.
Brian is actually the head-cheese, and just lets Daryl think he's important but he's really not.

I'm sure they'd be happy to do an install for you. Give them a hollar.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Actually, Daryl is co-owner. Brian is the other.
Brian is actually the head-cheese, and just lets Daryl think he's important but he's really not.

I'm sure they'd be happy to do an install for you. Give them a hollar.

Hale

Kalamazoo is quite a ride for me. Something like 3 hours.

newjeepowner said:
Kalamazoo is quite a ride for me. Something like 3 hours.
Hey, you asked for shops in "your area". That's the closest I know of. If it's worth it to you to know it will be done by experienced Jeepers, done right the first time and want to meet some really great guys........JCR is the place.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Hey, you asked for shops in "your area". That's the closest I know of. If it's worth it to you to know it will be done by experienced Jeepers, done right the first time and want to meet some really great guys........JCR is the place.

Hale
X Elenventy Billion!

Oh, and I'll make note of the above info.

Back