• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bulldog Remote Starter

R

roke40

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Bulldog RS1300E I'm thinking about it for an Xmas gift for the old lady's WJ. Leather is cold in the morning in winter :)

DEI Or Code Alarm. Bull Dogs price might be right, but a few months or weeks down the road when it dosen't work any more you'll be kicking yourself for not spending a few extra bucks.

I'd also strongly suggest professional installation ;D

ya...i'd like a little light on this subject too...i've got the Viper 790 system..with remote start....the guy that was hooking it up for me didn't get to finish before i transfered jobs and lost contact with him....i've got everything wired 'cept the starter-kill, keyless entry, and for some reason on the remote start everything clicks, turns on, whatever except the starter itself......
any help, suggestions?

KinesthesiaDrums said:
ya...i'd like a little light on this subject too...i've got the Viper 790 system..with remote start....the guy that was hooking it up for me didn't get to finish before i transfered jobs and lost contact with him....i've got everything wired 'cept the starter-kill, keyless entry, and for some reason on the remote start everything clicks, turns on, whatever except the starter itself......
any help, suggestions?
that system is very simular to my FM-870. go online to their website and you should be able to download the manual for it if you do not have it already. Then check out www.the12volt.com for wiring info. Or, if it is not on there pm and I'll get it to you.

There a a good amount of safty features on the remote start sytems that have to be in place for it to work. Usually, as described in your situation, it sounds like somthing is not grounded. Perhaps the guy who installed it left that out.

Check the sites, trace the wires, get back here if that doesn't work

If things are clicking the relays are connected and grounded. It may be as easy as hooking up the wires to the actual starter wire. It needs to be cut so if you dont know what you are doing you will screw something up. Touch the relays. you will be able to feel if they engage when you hit the remote start button. If all of them are activating then almost everything is done. Directed products usually need a wire grounding it when it is in park. but it sounds like that might be done. The starter wire could be green (i dont remember for sure). but it will be 12 gauge and in the main harness coming from the steering column. If the rest of the alarm works as well as the starter kill the whole system is grounded. The door locks are a 5 wire system. This is where it gets a little complicated so I would take it to an authorized Directed Dealer. You may need a couple more modules or relays. Not exactly a garage mechanic type deal.

Back