• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple remote starter for the old XJ

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to install remote start on my '96 XJ so I thought I'd write the boards first to get some opinions.

First, quality is important but being inexpensive follows close behind, so a simple start system will do. I'm not looking to hook up anything else like door locks or rear hatch or whatever.

Because of the truck's age the remote start might need a tach wire but I'm not entirely sure.

Any suggestions for a decent remote starter that'll work with my XJ?

Thanks.

Your kit should provide you with most what you need if your just looking for specific terminals then your year is required.

Bottom line is you will need a kit that is compatible with a '96 Jeep. The cheaper universal kits are going to give the most headaches installing.

Last time I installed a kit, 10+ years ago, even cheapo sellers would supply you with wire color instructions if you gave them the vehicle.

Back