• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#$@^&#(@*$ RE Trackbar brace

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
So I kept meaning to make my own trackbar brace but due to time limitations and not getting to it for about a year now I got the trackbar brace. I put it on.... and well, 1 bolt hole doesn't line up and the bolts are nearly impossible to tighten (especially passenger side) because something is always in the way of putting a wrench on it. Can't put a socket on it either cause the heads are too close to the tube.....
So for now I got 3 bolts and 1 is not tightened as tight as I want to. Anyone else run into that problem?

i had problems with the brace on the passenger side not lining up. i had to use one bolt about half the size of the ones re sent me. no other way.

BrettM said:
you already know how to fix it.
weld it :D
Screw that, I'm gonna redrill the hole on the frame rail side: I need to move it over by almost 1/4" :D Now on to the next task: where can I get cheap limiting straps? Cause I'm ready to dangle my axle off my brace :D

Remi,
I had the same problem with mine. When I was doing my lift and had a little help, one of the guys (Tim Bjork) installed it for me. What we had to do was oval the hole in the brace to help it line up. Mine only lined up with two of the holes. Tim marked the holes that were off and we used the torch to open the holes a little more. After t hat, it went in pretty easy. I think there were still some issues getting to the passenger side uppers but with a little patience on Tims part it went in.

Aaron

Back