• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more rust

flexjay87

NAXJA Forum User
my lift has been on awhile and i noticed the passenger side front mount for leaf spring is not too far from pushing through into cab. before i cut out and have a guy help me weld in some new metal, are there any words of wisdom? like how thick of steel i should use? i was thinkin of puttin a steel plate of some sort between spring bracket and body and one inside obviously, for extra strength .1/4 inch probably, that side sits low compared to driver side anyhow. at first glance spring mount itself looks ok still. any experiance or input would be appreciated. Scott

as long as the metal is thicker in the area than stock it should be good. Make sure to take notes and lots of pics, then give us an update with pics. If you are feeling realy motivated to a complete writeup on it. I have never heard of this problem, but i'm sure someone out there has pushed the mount through the frame.

I have this exact problem right now.

I will include pics of my repair when I get to that point.

For now, I plan on doing as you say and using .25" plate on top of the spring purch. I'm going to try and get as much .25" as I can and I was going to tie it into the unibody and rockerguard.

Late tonight or early tomarrow I will be working on this so I will be posting pics soon.

Back