• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

issue with relay and rear wiper motor

saweddoffjeep

NAXJA Forum User
lately ive been having issue's with the rear wiper motor, whenever i flip the switch to power it i hear a silent click coming from the relay, ive checked the wires and everything, and it all looks alright i just dont know whats causing it
any ideas?

the gears in the rear wiper motor is plastic had to replace/rebuild (well my old man did) alls i remember is that the thing stoped working sorry i cant help more but its been almost 10 years i believe it was the teeth on the gears for one a melted gear on the other one but again cant remember exactly

As Langer says, the usual thing is that the shaft seizes up in the bushing. If you're lucky you can free it up before it either burns out the motor or strips the gear inside, but the gear is plastic, and not very tough. If you open up the motor, you can drive the shaft in and lubricate it, and you'll notice then if the plastic gear has stripped. Definitely don't turn it on again until you've tried freeing it up.

Back