• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD II Recommendation Needed

jlex

NAXJA Forum User
As we have two jeeps in the family that could benefit by an OBD II diagnostic tool, I'm looking to buy one. I thought they were pretty expensive, but I seen a number of them selling for less than $50 on Ebay.
Are these less expensive models good, or do you guys recommend certain types that include other must-have features? Any models in particular to stay away from? Thanks.
jlex.

jlex said:
As we have two jeeps in the family that could benefit by an OBD II diagnostic tool, I'm looking to buy one. I thought they were pretty expensive, but I seen a number of them selling for less than $50 on Ebay.
Are these less expensive models good, or do you guys recommend certain types that include other must-have features? Any models in particular to stay away from? Thanks.
jlex.

I got a basic one that reads the codes from kragen for $100 and I'm happy with it. I can read the codes and reset them.

Back