• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How can something that small,

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
be so annoying sore when it's broke?

I kicked a wall by accident (went to walk out of kitchen and was closer to wall that I thought I was) and might have broken my little toe a couple of days ago. Anybody got any ideas on how long thse things take to heal?

Just cut it off with some pliers.

I broke several toes and other bones in my left foot once on an Airborne Operation. Basically they just taped them up, I was able to run after about a month (still hurt though) and was pretty good after about 6 weeks.

I shoulda just cut em off...

I swung over a doggie gate using my pull-up bar when i was younger and caught the door frame with my little toe. It was broken and you are right, it is amazing how much that stupid little toe tries to do for you. As previously mentioned, tape it to the next to and don't kick anything else. I think it took mine a couple weeks to really get better, i guess it would depend on how bad you nailed it. Good luck

Two days before I left for MEPS then bootcamp, I broke a toe (the critter next to your big toe). I lied my ass off on the final physical... foot was pretty blue, I swore it did not hurt, even while the lady wiggled it (ouch). Starting Boot Camp with a broken toe was a bitch, but I sucked it up and drove on.

Years later while stationed in Berlin, I was playing with my oldest son (now in the NAVY) and chasing him around our housing apartment. I kicked a corner of the couch.... broke another toe... little toe, in 3 places. Did not have any issue until I tried to put my combat boots on.... went directly to the Army Hospital. They took X-rays, and I shit you not.... put a cast on up to my knee. After 6 weeks, went back. Cast was cut off, they sent me to x-ray. X-ray sent me back to have another cast put on (WTF????). I skipped that part and went right back to my unit (287th MP Co). Screw that crap, LOL.

Just a few years ago I broke yet another little toe (playing with one of my other sons). It hurt worse than I remembered. Just taped it up and took it easy. 3-4 weeks was pretty much back to normal.

I guess the moral of the storry is: Kids are bad for toes.

Well I was the youngest one in the house at the time...........

Wait...a cast up to your knee for a broken toe, somebody getting back at you for boot camp?

I work retail so and had the day off, but did it that night and had to be at work to open the next morning, I just picked up a bottle of Motrin on the way to work yesterday popped them every few hours. It's not as bad as it was (could be the Motrin talking here) and today is a little easier than yesterday was work wise. Luckily, I'm still wearing the larger shoes that I switched to after spraining my other foot August so there's room for a little swelling in there...

Try breaking a big toe... 3 weeks of hell, another 3 of discomfort...

I won't even get into breaking my tailbone...

Try breaking your neck and taking a year to learn how to walk again. Not that much pain but things simply didn't move.

old_man said:
Try breaking your neck and taking a year to learn how to walk again. Not that much pain but things simply didn't move.

though the escence point of the post isnt funny at all [thank god you're all right!], the post actually had me laughing.. not much pain but things simply didnt move... i love dry humor..

i broke my big toe pretty bad [while playing ultimate frisbee, go figure] im not one for casts, usually i just try to suck it up, unless i know that NOT casting it would pose some sort of lifelong inhibition. but God Damn toes hurt.

wrists, eh it sucks that you cant do much, but not THAT much pain.
forearm- same as above, with less pain [no joint]
elbow- [surgery, metal plates] excruciating pain post surgery, no pain [shock] during the actual breakage.
fingers- who cares they dont hurt THAT much, and you can just avoid using them.
but TOES...-ugh.. even after they heal they hurt like hell, and often rebreak.. my big toe STILL cracks and dislocates all the time and its been almost a year now..

My foot was run over by a forklift (back solid wheels, counter-weighted) at work 4 years ago this month. I had 9 breaks and 14 or 17 fractures, can't remember on top of dislocating and tearing the muscles. I'm 6 surgeries in and still not done. The foot is one of the worst things you can break even just 1 toe. I've said for quite awhile now that it would be smarter for them to just cut the damn thing off so I'm not in the daily pain that I am especially since it really serves no function at this point besides the little bit of walking I can do and I guess for balance.

last month i was web wheelin somethin' fierce on NAXJA, and i broke my pointer finger.

it hurt like crazy, i taped it to the middle finger and kept mousing with the left hand (that takes skill)

-Tim

but seriously, i got the finger next to my pinky finger slammed in a door and the last bone on the tip shattered and the nail was torn off, it hurt so bad and took forever for another nail to grow back, probly a few months before it was normal looking again, and about 800$ for reconstructive surgery

-Tim

There are lots of things on drilling rigs that will break or break or mash off body parts.
451vbra.jpg

Doesn't hurt as bad as you would think.

Back