• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tfs run 5/5

bmikes

NAXJA Forum User
Well it was a pretty interesting day. We started by meeting at my house,y buddy Mikey made it and my girlfriend got there, but Jon had encountered something in foreseeable. So with his delay Mikey and I started the drive out there. Once we got to browns staging about 8:45 we aired down. I went to about 10 and he went to about 15. From there we drove around for about two hours trying to find fire break 5. In the meantime though we ran into power line and ran that. It was Mikey's first time to browns so that was a good warm up run.

It was probably around 11:30 before we finally found the lowest entrance to fb5. About that time Jon made it to browns and we were in contact on the cb. We had a heck of a time trying to find each other though. We finally caught up with each other on the upper part of section 3 of fb5. From there we finished fb5, headed over to hogs back, and then did some of archers. We ended at waterfall, which job crawled right up and made it look easy. I however, didn't feel up to it, and being Mikey's first time and being open open, he decided to save that for a later date as well.

So enough with all that writing :p here's the pictures I have

Here's a log on power line
9u3yquze.jpg

umymasuq.jpg

More of power line
nyneveda.jpg
a8ysa9uz.jpg

ge9ade2u.jpg

First time I've ever flexed out on another tire. I love that front locker!!!
sy7y5e8a.jpg

eja7u4y5.jpg

Looking down at section two of fb5. I went up it and then down, and then back up for sh*ts and giggles
hyry7a9y.jpg

The veiw from the top of fb5
by5egahu.jpg

3yjy3ete.jpg
etynuveb.jpg

Here's some more pics of the top of fb5
hy6upy7a.jpg
azema4yb.jpg

next we went up hogs back. Mikey had a little trouble at the top, but nothing a little skinny pedal couldn't handle
utu7a7a8.jpg

I have videos but I have to upload them on YouTube then ill put the links up here
And here's some other pics from messing around at the bottom of waterfall
abuvy2ab.jpg
7a8ymuga.jpg
ase4urys.jpg

And some other random ones
utequ5ut.jpg
avu9yse3.jpg
y5usuzyr.jpg

sweet pics & vids . Josh came over and hooked up the CB tuning , so now I'll be able to find you guys out there next time . Let me know when your ready to go again.

i dident take any pics of the day... lame

i began the day by running around greshem getting lunch, smokes, and gas... well i got denied at the pump, the bank had moved funds on me to another acct and i was left scratching my head for an hr or so AHHHHAHAHAHAH! i got ahold of brandon and told him to head out, hoping i could get it sorted an meet up with them later.

after figuring my $$ situation out i decided to head out to meet up with the late croud, i could hear the late group on the cb the whol way up the pass, i figured i was gaining on them. i was rolling without a trail map today and thinking i would catch them at the stageing area i blew by the gales creek station. they wernt there... i hauled it up to cedar tree still aired up and tried like heck to find the late group. meanwhile i got brandon on the cb. he said they were on the 2nd section of fb5. beings i was on cedar tree i figured. no problem. well my gps decided it wanted to delete all my tsf history. so i was flying blind the whol day. needless to say 45mins of circles and 2 sections of cedar tree on 60psi in 2wd. i found the road i was looking for. UGG:gonnablow.

we aired down at the entrance of the second section of fb5 and headded up to meet the group. finished that section and no brandon... hmm, section 3 maby, nope, 4 oh heay crushers! we got out to look there and figured they were behind us and would catch us there. after not seeing them we headed to the top then started running it back down to hit them head on. finaly we met up with them on the 3rd section.

at this point i realized that i had the most tsf time under my belt and decided that i would lead us up to hogs back then then plan was to continue onto archers twards watterfall. brandon wanted to make it to the V knotch hillclimb so i figured id push the pace a little and see where we could get to.

Brandon and mike responded well! hogsback is intimidating the 1st time you see it. mike took directions as well as anyone i can think of. he had faith and WOOP he poped right up. after that it was down the backside of hogsback to the rocky uphill bypass road. on the 1st couple sections of archers there is a good hillclimb that has some good ruts atop it. it proved to be the "line in the sand" for mike's suspention flex and tiretraction. it took some precise wheelskill, a bit of throdle, and a ton of faith by the driver. PROPS man, you took that well! again poped up like a boss!

we ran into another group of mixed jeeps and yotas on hogsback. they were pulling a fairly nice cj7 out that was dead in the water. after buzzing around them and down archers we all met up shortly after at the waterfall. i had parked in the midle of the trail and walked up to show the guies the obsticle when the other group pulled up. :D i guess im running it! the cherokee on 37s and 9 freggin " of lift says to his buddys "look out" "hes guna backup!" After he and i made it to the top his passenger jumps out and asks "you running 33"s?" scratching his head. yup i say..."how tall are you " he says. 4.5" i reply. he just turns and looks to the driver of the big xj :confused:. Priceless!

i had enough traction and had the right line this time. but i managed to clip the front bumper on a rock just as i came up. it doesent look like much in the vid,(thanks for posting it!) but it bent the wench bumper back and up. caught the fender and took it with it, pushed it up into the bottom of the header cracking it aswell. And i thought that was the one WP product that i wouldent have an issue with :rolleyes: EEEEEYeah. ill reinforce both sides and get it throo the paint booth soon.

this was a great day for me and the boy! my buddy tom had a blast, he has never seen anything like that stuff. and im glad to have met you mike.brandon your rig is coming along nicely :thumbup:. ill post up my carnage pics tomorow.

until next time fellas!
Bronze.

Sounds awesome guys,
Brandon, I fixed your links above.....thanks for taking the time to record videos.
This would have been a run I would not have missed had it not been for my damn front end BS.
Those are the perfect kind of trail conditions in my mind.
Jon, Sorry to hear about the carnage man. Oh well, ya gotta pay to play, right?:thumbup:
And hey.... I think I recognise that other XJ (mike is it?).....HE live in Gresham too?

That 8" of lift and 37's late model silver XJ works out at lea schwab by Wendy's on burnside, right behind Gresham high school josh. I'm sure you've seen him before! And thanks for fixing the links! I'm gonna be going up to browns the 25-27th :) gonna be campin with a few guys from cherokeeforum. Think ya can make it by then josh?

Back