• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender trimming video for the new guys...

DPG

NAXJA Forum User
Assuming this is good to post here... If not, that's OK too.

We just did this video on XJ fender trimming. Yes, there are other videos on the subject, but I still find (after 22 years) that this subject remains very misunderstood among those who haven't ventured down this path.

This video answers a lot of the questions and concerns I've received over the years regarding lift, trimming, larger tires, JK wheel & spacer combos and much more. Hopefully, this will help some of the newer XJ guys that want to fit bigger tires!
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL700Lhi9NU&fbclid=IwAR2W8b6CIFHoV00AIl-1RR4cSmJ6hZ_W_Takko4ebEmbpDrUCF3aBD6MFAU

Nice videos. What's the name of that 3M fender tape? If you said it, I must've missed it. I've got a 3 year old and a one year old running around. Lol

I liked and sub'd btw

Thanks!

The product is called Protekto-Trim. It's made by Cowles products.

We keep it in stock for XJ fender trim projects. Been using it for over 20 years now.

Great video Dirk! I trimmed my fenders this way as you described it over the phone. I've had zero rub issues doing it this way. I bet you have explained it thousands of times. Now you can reference to your video.

Looking forward to more videos.

I was able to move the stock flares up to keep the stock look going and cover the tires more. Without the flares, anything I drove through was all over the Jeep.

Great video Dirk! I trimmed my fenders this way as you described it over the phone. I've had zero rub issues doing it this way. I bet you have explained it thousands of times. Now you can reference to your video.

Looking forward to more videos.

Thanks!

There are still so many topics that are widely misunderstood in the jeep mod world.

It's taken over 20 years, but we're finally stepping into the video age. I've gotta long list of tech stuff I wanna do... :D

Good to see you Dirk and still farting around with xjs! I bought my first two xj lifts from you both being RE with drop brackets. That must have been almost 18 yrs ago. Anyways guys Dirk is the man with xjs!!!

Good to see you Dirk and still farting around with xjs! I bought my first two xj lifts from you both being RE with drop brackets. That must have been almost 18 yrs ago. Anyways guys Dirk is the man with xjs!!!

LONG time!

Good to hear from you too!

Yep. We had some music in the original video that was copyrighted, so we had to relaunch the video.

Back