• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 Jeep Comanche Rockcrawler Project

archangel

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale:

1987 Jeep Comanche Rockcrawler Project

What it is:

3.8 228 Chevy V6 Motor
SM420 Transmission (7:1 First Gear)
Dana 18/20 Transfer Case (3.51 Reduction)
Front Axle - Passenger Drop, HD Dana 44, 5.38 Gears, Lock Right, Superwinch Hubs, Flat Top Knuckles Set Up For HighSteer
Rear Axle - Ford 9", 5.38 Gears,Spooled, Trussed, Disk Brakes
39" Military Michelin XL's x 5, mounted on aluminum wheels, 5 on 5.5.
Custom body work, dovetailed rear, pinched / narrowed front. All tubing DOM as needed, HREW otherwise
On Board Air
Griffin Four Core Aluminum Radiator (Bed Mounted)
Dual Electric Fans
Dual Battery Tray
RCI racing seat
RCI racing 4 point harnesses(Red)
Front converted to leaf spring suspension.

Why I am selling it:

I simply don't have the time for two rigs right now. I recently picked up a running working Jeep YJ, and this one is just taking up garage space. I've got hundreds of hours into this rig, and I hate to see it go, but I need it gone asap. I figure that the tubing and axles alone are worth what I am asking for this rig. I'd like to see it go to a new home where it will potentially get finished by the right person. I am willing to part it out, but the price will go up depending on how much labor it is for me to remove the parts your interested in. Like I said, I hate to get rid of it, but money is tight, its using up floor space and I need it gone.

How much I want for it:

2500 OBO

Free delivery up to 50 miles from my home, 1 dollar per mile there after.

How to contact me:

520-250-4711
[email protected]

Where to look at it:

There is a 17 page build thread dedicated to this rig on Tucson Off Road.

Here is the link:

http://69.89.31.189/~tucsonof/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=288

Here is the most recent photo I have of it. Some minor thing have been removed for the YJ, but overall, this is the rig....

524042.jpg

Hydro and front steering has been moved to the YJ...sorry, not included.

Last edited:
bmp ttt

2000 OBO

SOLD. And yes, those were the same axles...now belong to a young man in Morenci.

Back