• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outside Air Temp Sensor

XJ AV8R

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where to find the outside air temp sensor on a '91 XJ? My Haynes book doesn't address it and I am coming up empty when searching for the location. My overhead temperature display reads 'OC' indicating an open circuit and I would like to restore it's function. My sensor may be completely missing because mine was a salvage with a rebuilt front end. If anybody has a picture, or a description, that would be great since I would like to search the local junk yard for a replacement.

1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ
199,000+ miles:scared:
4.0L HO w/ K&N FIPK
AX-15 5 speed
NP 231
3" Skyjacker Lift
YJ front brake lines
JKS quicker disconnects
31" BFG Mud Terrain KM

Its right it the front of the jeep, just behing the bumper, centered, inside of an oval shaped cut out. Its secures with a clip and has two wires going to it. if you need a replacement i have an extra if you want. PM Me.

I also have the wiring from it. just let me know

bumper1.jpg

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Oh, I love this message board! Thanks a lot for the information guys. I have put this fix off long enough! Take care!

XturboJ, PM sent...thank you very much!

btw, it is missing but I see the little bracket that it should be attached to...no apparent wiring...thanks again guys.

Back