• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has been done to death, and I performed a search, but I need more clarification. My 1999 stalls sometimes when coming to a stop. Fires right back up again no problem. Occasionally, this happens when at part throttle doing 30 or so, but very rarely. If I leave it running in the driveway, sometimes it stalls after 3 minutes, sometimes after 30 minutes. Always fires right back up with no problems. I am pretty sure its either the IAC or the TPS on the throttle body. I took both out and cleaned the IAC off with brake cleaner, and used a rag to wipe all the carbon from the tip, but still have the problem.
I have been known to get some water, under pressure, in there from time to time, and I know that can affect the TPS.
So, which do I replace first? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Additionally.......

I have gone from 310 miles on a tank to MAYBE 210..........is there a parallel here?
Perhaps the MAP?
O2 sensor?
What would cause stalling and bad milage?
TIA

Last edited:
GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRr

Stealer wants $129 for new O2 sensor. Is this something I can get anywhere? Will one from AutoZone work?

I have the same problem with mine. I just checked the trouble codes and all i get is a 14/MAP sensor? Have you checked your codes?

I have not. I think I need a reader for a 1999 unless I'm missing something. Just called the stealership and I am taking it to be hooked up this afternoon and have any erratic codes or voltages read. We shall see!

Back