• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Angle grinder switch.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
My angle grinder switch stopped working yesterday. Is it possiable to find a replacement? If so where would I find one? It is some generic grinder OEM Industrial. Made in China. (Whish I would have seen that b4 I bought it!)

You know..makes you wonder...

Here our junk tools are made in China, right? And all American mechanics and what-not curse them.

Where do the bad tools that Chinese mechanics curse come from?

Have you opened it up yet -- to see what the switch actually looks like?

Alot of those 'switches' are just contacts with the actuator of the switch being composed of separate molded plastics.

You might get away with just cleaning it.

If it is a weird switch and you can't locate it on your own -- shoot me a PM.

Also, there may a thermal fuse(not breaker) that has blown. Did it go bust during heavy use?

I have two el-cheapos from Harbor Frieght. I get parts straight from them. Never had one bit of problem with their parts service.

I prefer to be dangerous. I have a Makita that the switch went bad in, I just took the switch out and wired it up straight. I only use it as a back up, so I plug it in and use it, then unplug it. :yelclap:

Its a switch all right. I pulled it and it apart tring to see if I coudl fix it. When I got all the way into it I found the problem. It was a pressure sesative switch that had copper fingers on two copper strips of a pc baord. Apparently they were crosed and touching. Unfortunately that switch is unable to be repaired. LOL! So I'll get it and the numbers off it to see if it can be found when I get back Monday. Lou when I get back I'll let you know what I find out.

Back