• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Salvage Yard Gold!

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Last time an Renix XJ came into a local SY was nearly two years ago. When I got the notification, I was there the next morning. Sadly, it turned out not to be a Renix (discussed in another thread). Much of the dash had already been picked clean.

Nonetheless I managed to recover some interiors parts including seat cushions, seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel, HVAC selector and a bunch of small trim parts. Here's most of it.

4rNghCdl.jpg

One thing that surprised me were the Jeep carpet floor mats. Driver side is a bit worn and both are pretty dirty but I grabbed them.

Also the lower seat cushions seemed intact. No cuts or tears. A few small stains that should come out. There was also a complete seat cover set (not on any frame/cushion). They too were in good shape.

Good thing I brought my steering wheel puller because the wheel was a bit dirty too but no cuts, so splits/cracks anywhere. I also grabbed all the bits under it like the horn the turn signal cancel horn thingy.

So after cleaning the new seats, out with the old and in with the new(er). My old driver side lower cushion is badly cracked, so no wonder my butt kept sliding to one side. (see pic)

nLoe416m.jpg

Now the colors are right but the pattern is a bit different (OK so maybe another clue it wasn't an '88). However it's close enough. The only extra thing I had to do was mount the power seat control on the replacement cushions.

D83y2T5l.jpg

9bFsEqKl.jpg

Now I need to clean the rest of the interior.

I've seen posts other places going crazy over the factory floor mats. That was the first thing I threw away when I got this one, (I hate floor mats of all types,) apparently I should of kept them!

When I bought mine almost 22 years ago, it had the rubber mats. My RT foot has worn a hole in the carpet by the gas pedal. The mat now covers most of it.

Back