• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling issue when idiling

daddyphatsacs

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm relatively new here and need some feedback. I've been having some issues with my Jeep as of late. It started with it going dead one day. It acted as if the battery was completely dead. I charged it up, and got it started........though it acted like it wanted to stall. The battery was old, so I swapped it out with a new one. Anyhow, after I swapped it out it would fire right up with no problem. It would idle fine for a while, but after I start to drive it the RPM's will drop to 500 at stop signs......and on occasion it will cause it to stall. I have to put it in neutral quite often and rev up the engine to keep it from stalling. On the occasion that it does stall, it fires right back up when I restart it. Could this be the IAC going bad? I've read about cleaning it, but to be brutally honest I don't know where it's located. Is there a place where I can find a pic or any relevant info pertaning to this? Thanks for any help. :)

I'm not too familiar with the new ones. if you had said 87 I'd be much more help. Wait around, someone will help you.

Back