• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Booster Upgrade

Hey,

thank you so much for your answer

so do you think the BLA-G360 / BLA-R340 / BLF-31B / BLF-33B that I bought are not okay ?

thank you

Giacomo

Hey,

thank you so much for your answer

so do you think the BLA-G360 / BLA-R340 / BLF-31B / BLF-33B that I bought are not okay ?

thank you

Giacomo

You'll need to extend the BLA-G360 and BLA-R340. 8 inches is not enough to make it over to the propotioning valve.
If its not your daily I would also check and make sure your fittings arn't frozen in the proportioning valve. If they are you will have to take another path with the connections.

" If they are you will have to take another path with the connections."
that is, what should I have in stock ?
thank you

Giacomo

Thank you jeepboy12001

so if i buy 2 flexi lines (52128086/52128087) which fittings should i use to connect the hoses to the proportioning valve ?

Giacomo

Hi all,

nobody knows which fittings I have to buy for connect the 2 flexi lines to the proportioning valve ?
thank you

Giacomo

Hi all,
update of problem,

in the end I to fit the 2000 WJ master cylinder and brake booster with the fittings and tubes that I described a few posts ago, with new rear brake drums and new brake cylinders

the braking has improved considerably, but the brake pedal has a too long stroke, it acts only in the last part of its stroke. is this normal or can I do something ?
how can i attach pics ?
thank you

Giacomo

Already adjusted the rear brake shoes, in fact now the wheel is slightly braked....

do you know how to attach pics ?
thank you

Giacomo

Hi all,

as already mentioned, the swap has brought about a 100% improvement in braking (even if in the first part of the brake pedal stroke there is no effect) but now I no longer have the rear brake lights ...

brake light switch or an adjustment problem of the same on the brake booster rod ?
thank you

Giacomo

I also saw that there is another white switch on the brake pedal, on the top what is its function ?

could it possibly be used for the rear stop lights ?

Giacomo

I also saw that there is another white switch on the brake pedal, on the top what is its function ?

could it possibly be used for the rear stop lights ?

Giacomo

That switch should be your torque converter lock up switch, some people have used them for brake lights as well. For mine, when doing the WJ master and booster swap, I really had to mess with that switch to get it to function 100% of the time. I had to leave the bolt on the pedal a little loose and had to double nut it. Take care if using the torque converter lock up switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

as already mentioned, the swap has brought about a 100% improvement in braking (even if in the first part of the brake pedal stroke there is no effect) but now I no longer have the rear brake lights ...

brake light switch or an adjustment problem of the same on the brake booster rod ?
thank you

Giacomo

How close did you get the booster rod to match the original? Pics? Did you measure it with a caliper to see if the distance from center to outside of the flat part is the same? I’ll get a picture of how I set up mine.

Thank you azzy89
I will try to loosen the brake pedal bolt, and what problem could happen if i used the white switch for the brakes lights ?

Giacomo

Thank you azzy89
I will try to loosen the brake pedal bolt, and what problem could happen if i used the white switch for the brakes lights ?

Giacomo

Well if something gets wired wrong you could potentially fry your TCU. But if you use it just as a switch it should work fine. Also keep in mind the brake switch is replaceable, I believe the TC switch is JY only.

Back