• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - stalling issue

JeepsterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My battery died while I was putting in a new trackbar. Charged it up a little, and went to start it. Strong cranking, but no start. Took me giving it some gas to get it to fire.

It idles fine now - unless you are at 0mph. You can be going along at 1mph, but once you come to a complete stop, it goes down to 200rpm and will eventually stall.

I have another 2000XJ I can swap parts from, but don't want to do it blind if you guys have an idea on what I should zero in on.

Alright, and if I sound all antsy about a simple problem, its because I'm going to drive this 5 hours tomorrow in this is bad timing for an issue!

Thanks jneary. I put my spare ECU from off the shelf. No issue (except the CEL turned on, I assume from the foreign computer). Put in old computer. Light goes out, idles, take a test drive, all fine. Thing was just messing with me I guess.

Back