• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP203/NP205 Doubler adapter....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
There was a template on line some where to have the adapter machined. Anyone have any experience with this?

I think the drawings and such reside at bc4x4.com. Do a google for Gordon Pritchard - he is the one that did it.

r@m

That is the best price yet. All the other ones I have seen have been $750 and $770 for the kits... I might go the buy it rought but if I can get it done cheaper I will look into anything. should be intresting though 302, AOD, 203, and a 205 in an XJ! Still doing research maybe after the first of the year I can start getting the adapter and put it all together for a test fit! LOL!

several guys in my local club had Wagoner machine shop make theirs after one guy bought the offroad design one...they didn't turn out well and one even broke. I would look at buying one of those from a reputable company.

Well everything kinda got put on hold right now. My Step Daughter is sick. MOre info in the SE chapter. But I was thinking of the staz one too. Hopefully some time this summer I can get back on top of this. TY BigWoody for the input. Do you know anything about the Staz one?

I still stand by my Dirtybird unit, although I have talked with John @ Stazworks, and he definately seems like a great guy.
The unit I have is for a ford 203 to D300. Like the Staz kit, the 2nd case mount comes unwelded so you can clock/rotate it any way you want.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either vendor. In fact the only reason I went with Jed is that he had the Ford 203 (the actual range box itself!) that I couldn't find in the junkyard.

Ghost, what WB are you running? MY 302/C6/203/D300 leaves me with about a 44" rear shaft, but I moved my rear axle back 8".

Jay

jlake1 said:
I still stand by my Dirtybird unit, although I have talked with John @ Stazworks, and he definately seems like a great guy.
The unit I have is for a ford 203 to D300. Like the Staz kit, the 2nd case mount comes unwelded so you can clock/rotate it any way you want.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either vendor. In fact the only reason I went with Jed is that he had the Ford 203 (the actual range box itself!) that I couldn't find in the junkyard.

Ghost, what WB are you running? MY 302/C6/203/D300 leaves me with about a 44" rear shaft, but I moved my rear axle back 8".

Jay
Well teh xj is 101" But I thought about streaching it forward about 1" - 2" and rear about 2" - 4".... However this is all in my head right now. Just gathering parts. You got lucky on the ford 203, mine is a dodge unit. But i was reading in AA that you can put the Ford input in any of them to make them stronger... I think that is what I read.... something about it haveing more splines.. 32 maybe.... I'm not real sure about all that. I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Worse case scenerio I have to find another and I am always checking for them. Also, I have a 80 - 86 Bronco Carcas dropped on me this weekend so my tranny may change. It has a granny geared 4 speed I think. CAnnot wait to go pick it up.

Back