• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New addition to the family

burnsie

NAXJA Forum User
Happy Holidays all!!!

As some of you may remember back in August Suzie and I had to put down Sam our 3 year old Rot/ Black Lab. Late in November Suzie started volunteering at K9 Stray Rescue here in Metamora. About three weeks ago she came home with a young (6 months) Black Lab/ Great Dane mix named Dooby (spare me the jokes :laugh3: ) anyway he was very under weight but very sweet and just wanted love and a good home. We were fostering him to try and get him fattened up for adoption and spent some time getting to know him. We all fell in love with him but still planned on adopting him out and on Sunday he was adopted by a family with another dog. Long story short he came back to us yesterday and we have deceided(sp?) to adopt him and make him part of our family :) . We both agree we hate his name and want to change it. Sooo I am looking for suggestions for a new name. I would post a picture but I am totally clueless on how to do it. He is all black except for his chest which is white and the tips of his rear paws. He is going to be a big boy!! So far we like these names:

#1) Duke (as in John Wayne)

#2) Junior (just cause it's kinda funny for a big dog)

#3) Roddy (Short for Rodderick my great Grandfathers name)

#4) Quincy (not really sure where that came from)

We are interested to hear what everybody thinks. He is a good boy, loves to go for rides in the Jeep and is verrrry trainable. So if you have some ideas let's hear um!!

Thanks,

How about Hans? Cuz...Hans Christian Andersen...wuz a great Dane... :helpme:

Tiny, to be funny
Steve, just to confuse people
Sue, so he will grow up tough

Phil Weeks said:
My name is Sue! How do you do! Now you gonna die!

With all do respect to the man in black I think we'll pass on Sue. If I want someone mean named Sue all I have do call my wife :laugh2: !!

Back