• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no spark no fuel 97 xj

NJXJ666

NAXJA Forum User
Driving home last night from work, hit a bump soon after the jeep died. Had it towed, fuel and volt gauge stopped working so thinking it was the Cps replaced it and still nothing. Found fuse 11 for the asd blown. Still nothing. Any ideas on what could be wrong? All grounds are good. Not sure where to look next.

My diagram shows fuse 16 as the main power in for the ASD. Fuse 20 as main power out of the ASD to the PCM and coil. And fuse 23 power from the ASD to the O2 sensors. My drawing of the PDC shows the 11 fuse as not used, but the diagrams and the facts are sometimes different (they sure are on my 96).

Could be a fuse, it may be a shorted sensor. A shorted O2 sensor wire is fairly common. Any number of sensors can cause a no bus and shut down your gauges or kill (no light when key is turned to run) your CEL, if you have one. It isn't common for a sensor to blow a fuse, even if it is shorted, a shorted O2 sensor (or wire) will blow a fuse. Fairly common for the O2 wires to cook on the header (front O2) or the exhaust (rear O2).

I'll have to check the o2 sensor wires tomorrow. I'm really stumped because I replaced the blown fuse (#11) thinking that was the problem but nothing changed. I am also getting code p1694 for no bus. Not sure what to do.

Back