• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans mount.

cabjeepster

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for one that is stock design but shorter. Is there such a mount?

Why stock design? They don't last with off-road abuse
Guess I worded that wrong, it doesn't have to be same design just same bolt pattern.

What do you need one shorter *for*?

As far as I'm aware, no engineered shorter mount exists. SFR modified my crossmember for me to lower my setup about 5/8".

2015041195112247_2_zpsye39ewe2.jpg

Last edited:
What do you need one shorter *for*?

As far as I'm aware, no engineered shorter mount exists. SFR modified my crossmember for me to lower my setup about 5/8".

2015041195112247_2_zpsye39ewe2.jpg
Well in the process of making a cross member out of 2x6 rec. Already cut center out and recessed as much as possible. Would like to get cross member even with lower uni rails, without clocking t-case. Need about a 1" to 1 1/2 more up to be there.

Well in the process of making a cross member out of 2x6 rec. Already cut center out and recessed as much as possible. Would like to get cross member even with lower uni rails, without clocking t-case. Need about a 1" to 1 1/2 more up to be there.

You will have to notch the crap out if the cross member to clear the front shaft, and if you drop that low it may have some serious interference. I did a 2x4 x member flat with the rails. I recessed the mount about 3)4-1 in into the xmember and used a Daystar mount. I would've had to notch it to clear the shaft but clocked the tcase as well. If you're going thru the effort to make a flat cross member why not clock the case? It was actually pretty easy to do and nothing is below my frame rails.

X2. Just clock it enough to clear the crossmember. I clocked mine a bit much and had to modify the floors more than I would've liked. I also did it with a 2x6 crossmember and a flat belly

Back