• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Way to power lights besides battery clamp bolt???

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
96 xj.
I added an h4 harness w relays and fuses for my headlights. Ram the leads straight off the battery clamp.
I then upgraded my cables, clamps and terminals and now the eyelets for the lights are too small for the clamp bolt and the clamp bolt is too short also.
For the time being, or maybe permanently, can i connect the power wiresfor the lights to the stud on the PDC that the battery and alternator run to?
It looks much cleaner and unless someone has a reason why I should not I want to keeo em there.
Thoughts?

What kind of terminals did you go with? I use military terminals so its easy to add stuff on As far as the eyelet, you could always snip off the existing one and replace it with a larger one.

There or back lug on the alt, it's all the same. I run an HD type battery with the top posts and HD type studs next to the post. Plenty of spots for my regular cables and all my accessories and extra grounds.

Back