NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 31st, 2021, 21:23
NAXJA Forum User

Way to power lights besides battery clamp bolt???

96 xj.
I added an h4 harness w relays and fuses for my headlights. Ram the leads straight off the battery clamp.
I then upgraded my cables, clamps and terminals and now the eyelets for the lights are too small for the clamp bolt and the clamp bolt is too short also.
For the time being, or maybe permanently, can i connect the power wiresfor the lights to the stud on the PDC that the battery and alternator run to?
It looks much cleaner and unless someone has a reason why I should not I want to keeo em there.
Thoughts?
Old April 1st, 2021, 06:42
NAXJA Member

Re: Way to power lights besides battery clamp bolt???

What kind of terminals did you go with? I use military terminals so its easy to add stuff on As far as the eyelet, you could always snip off the existing one and replace it with a larger one.
Old April 1st, 2021, 09:44
NAXJA Member

No reason that you can't connect there. Its electrically the same as the battery post.
Old April 1st, 2021, 10:16
NAXJA Forum User

There or back lug on the alt, it's all the same. I run an HD type battery with the top posts and HD type studs next to the post. Plenty of spots for my regular cables and all my accessories and extra grounds.