• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB fuel sending unit 'lock' (holds sending unit to tank) ASAP

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my new XJ tank, I got the sending unit, vent valves, filter, but forgot the damn lock that holds the sending unit to the tank. Simple cheap part, but now the dealers discontinued the older $2.70 part and it is superseded with some huge $$ #.

Supposedly any 84-01 XJ one will work...so I'll give it a try. Anyone have one of these off a parts rig? Or anyone going to a junkyard that could snag it?

They're generally a brass/anodized looking circular locking thing that just spins in place to hold down the sending unit against the tank.

Anyone?? How much shipped to 02021? They should fit in a regular envelope. THANKS!

They sell them in the help section of your local parts stores for approx $2.50. They say they fit GM tanks I believe but it is exactly the same as the one on my 96 and 87 xj's. I have bought a couple of them in the past because i found it better to use a new one than to try to reuse the old one.

now that i read it over im not sure were talking about the same thing. i got a whole gas tank and pump. the pump is bad, last i remember taking it off there was a white plastic lock ring is that what you need?

No unfortunately it's not.

The older style (96-) has a front faced opening for the pump assembly to be dropped in the tank (meaning you dont have to drop the tank to access it).

It uses a metal lockring and o-ring that has little tabs on it that like to bend/break off.

Interesting...the dealer said the older part number was superseded to the newest one and they all now use the same thing.

So Colin, I'm definitely in need of an 84-96 one then?

Pump_Lock_Ring.jpg

that what you need?

that sucks i had one off a 99 that would of been all yours. maybe next time. good luck

this is what mine looks like

neon_fuel_filter-1_487.gif

next weekend I was planning to head up to ur shop for nutstrips. I know I have a whole tank that has one on it. I also may have a few in the shed (i had alot of issues before i got my skid lol) I'll bring it with me and you can have it.

you guys rock. was actually going to message you bump figuring you have lots o parts.

whomever wants to sell me one (or give me so you get good deals on parts!) is fine by me...i just need it. thanks!

Back