• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting My XJ

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
I am soon to get a lift for my 1990 XJ but im not sure which lift to get. I want to fit 33'' all-terains on it which means ill need to get a 4.5 inch lift. What is the best website to order a cheap and durable 4.5 inch lift kit from? Also what are some good web sites that show how to install a lift kit?
Thank you
-Austin

Dude... search. Rubicon Express (RE) always gets high marks. DPG Offroad.com / JeepinOutfitters.com always get high marks too.

You'll probably need ~5" for 33s... at least my '99 did. And I'm still trimming/bumpstoping.

Good luck,

DR

While not always true, and deals do happen, Usually Cheap and durable are not something that come together.

Anyways, I'm a strong supporter of Rubicon Express lift kits. I ordered all my stuff either directly from the site or from Red Rock 4x4. If you are a member or Jeepforum.com Jason at Red Rock will give you a discount.

FWIW.

Brian

norcal420 said:
Dude... search. Rubicon Express (RE) always gets high marks. DPG Offroad.com / JeepinOutfitters.com always get high marks too.

You'll probably need ~5" for 33s... at least my '99 did. And I'm still trimming/bumpstoping.

Good luck,

DR

X2

except for the 5" i run 3.75" and clear my 33s just fine. by something nice though, that usually means not cheap. and this website is great for showing you how to install things

This one's for VegasAnthony...

MAKO!

Tee hee hee, snicker snicker.

Lawn Cher' said:
This one's for VegasAnthony...

MAKO!

Tee hee hee, snicker snicker.
x elevenfinity they rock!

91 Jeep Project said:
And what "Lift Kit" might that be.................:dunno:

It's a long arm set up, with amazing geometry and the best ground clearance you can get.

It's worth its weight in gold.

-Kristy

That's just the long arm set up, you still need the actual lift...

That's what 91 Jeep Project meant by "And what "Lift Kit" might that be...."

The TnT LA kit I have seen was put on a rig with an RE lift kit.

That is right.. You do need to get your own coils and spring packs and extended brake lines blah blah blah. But after that is said and done, I would go TnT all the way for the Long arms and Heavy duty Skid

My Set up,

RE 3.5" 6020, but I may go with the 6025 or 0.75" extended shackles, because my back is lower than my front when I don't have a winch.

I install YJ stock brake line in the Front. Don't forget to get new washer.

I install the Adjustable Track bar RE1600.

I will be installing 2" bump stop in the front. (RE1380)

To clear 33" I cut the flare, and plan to install rear TJ flares all arround.

The good think about 3.5", it is ideal on the road if you keep the short arm system.

The good think about cuting the flares, it is that you can put 33" tires and keep a lower center of gravity.

Good luck,

Huy.

TJ_Shunk said:
That is right.. You do need to get your own coils and spring packs and extended brake lines blah blah blah. But after that is said and done, I would go TnT all the way for the Long arms and Heavy duty Skid

The lift height is your choice, depending your application. But pretty much whatever lift height you want to go, within reason, adding the LA set up from T&T lets the ride be better than stock. You really won't realize your rig is lifted and has the LA application except by looking at it. The ride is amazingly smooth and handles like a dream.

TJ_Shunk said:

Right, but since he is after a Lift Kit.... Your suggestion was kind of pointless don't ya think??? That's like a shoe salesman trying to sell you a pair of flip flops when you came in looking for boots................. :laugh3:

That is true. LOL..... Funny anology though. I aplologize for wasting you'll time. I wasn't thinking it through before I posted.. Stupid me. Well I would sudgest the RE kit. Got the 3.5" kit with new spring packs coming for the Wifes XJ this week. I have RE parts on my TJ as well and I am impressed with them. I say go Rubicon Express.

Back